Welcome to the Academic Advising Center at RRCC
Academic Advisors are available in the Advising Center to provide guidance and information to prospective students, new students, and students who have not decided on a program of study.
You are encouraged to complete the following steps before meeting with an Academic Advisor:
- Apply for Admissions at www.rrcc.edu - Enroll Now!
- Sign up for the College Opportunity Fund
- Take the Basic Skills Assessment in the Assessment Center or turn in a copy of your ACT or SAT scores
- Provide transcripts from previous colleges or universities you have attended. Official Transcripts can be sent to Student Records
- Complete the MANDATORY Red Rocks 101 Online Orientation
- Click here to download the New Student Checklist
- Click here to download the latest schedule
** Prerequisite Requirements **Test scores must be less than five years old and transcripts must be on file prior to registration.
Click here for a list of courses that require prerequisites.
One of following prerequisites will be required to register for General Education Courses:
- English ACT of 18 or higher
- Accuplacer in Sentence Skills of 95 or higher
- ENG 090 or ENG 121 with a "C" or better
Associate of Applied Science Degrees and Certificate Programs
Students interested in Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degrees or certificates can contact the department Program Advisor and schedule an Advising Appointment. Click on the Educational Programs link to find your program information and Program Advisor contact information.
The following services are available through our academic advisors:
- Guidance: Help undeclared majors
choose next course of action.
- Assessment: Using the results of
the basic skills assessment, help students choose
appropriate courses and programs.
- Semester Planning: Assist with
planning a semester schedule before
- Transfer to 4-Year School: Program
plan for students who intend to transfer to
four-year institutions in Colorado.
- Information: Provide information
for course sequencing and prerequisites.
- Referrals: Refer students to
faculty for further program information and
assistance in choosing a major.
- Academic Advising: Advise students
when to add or drop classes and what courses are
needed to fill academic deficiencies.
- Graduation Evaluation: Evaluate
all your courses to make sure you meet graduation
requirements for academic degrees.
- Assess and Explore Career Options and Resources: Click here for more details.