Credit for Prior Learning at RRCC
RRCC offers Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities in compliance with the policies established by the Colorado Community College System (CCCS). These system-wide policies are described in the Student Guide to Credit for Prior Learning CCCS policy posted on the CCCS website.
Students can receive CPL credit through:
- Portfolio of learning/certificates
- College Level Exam (CLEP) offered through the college board in specific subject areas
- Challenge Exam offered through some academic departments
- Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate testing
Follow the links above for details on each CPL process.
To be eligible to apply for CPL:
- You must be a RRCC Student
- You must have successfully earned at least one credit at RRCC
- CPL credit must be directly applicable to your declared certificate or degree program as outlined in the RRCC Catalog
- Prior learning must be demonstrated and cover specific course competencies
- It is the student's responsibility to determine the transferability of CPL credits outside the Colorado Community College System
- Your RRCC transcript will show class credit only; no grades are assigned to CPL credit
- You may receive CPL credit in any amount not to exceed 75% of the total credits required for your degree or certificate
The Assessment Center staff are available to answer your questions about the CPL process and for referrals to the correct faculty to consult for your CPL credit.
*You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.