Events and Announcements
Check out the Jefferson Center Wellness Calendar posted inside the for information on affordable community fitness and art classes and other wellness activities.
Check out The Road calendar posted under each month for information on Jefferson Center social events for young adults age 18-24 years old.
- October 4th is the RRCC Wellness Fair! Check out the many resources and ways to stay healthy and well as you work your way through college!!
- October 6 is National Depression Screening Day- take a free Depression, Anxiety and Mood screening on campus to see where you fall on the mental health wellness scale!
- Sept 29 in The Den view the movie "To Write Love On Her Arms" - A drama centered around Renee Yohe and her battle with drugs, depression, and other life issues that ultimately leads to the founding of charity group To Write Love on Her Arms. Starring Kat Dennings, Chad Michael Murray, and Rupert Friend.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
ADHD Awareness Month
AIDS Awareness Month
- October 3-7: Mental Illness Awareness Week. We will be raising awareness and providing resources for students on campus through a number of activities provided by the Peer Counseling Program and RRCC Behavioral Health Services.
- October 3: National Day Without Stigma. Show support of the One in Four people in your community that are struggling with a mental health issue by participating in the events around campus on this day and the rest of the week!
- October 4: Wellness Fair: 11 am - 1 pm: Come visit the Student Health Clinic table for free height, weight, and BMI checks!
- October 6: National Depression Screening Day- Depression, Anxiety, Mood Disorder Screenings in the Great Hall
- 16-17th: Survivors of Suicide Loss Day:
Join us November 16th from 11 – 1 pm in the Admissions area & November 17th from 2:30 – 4 pm on the Bridge to place a leaf on a memory tree to commemorate someone you know who died from suicide.
On November 17th from 8:30 am – 12 pm, stop by a table in the Welcome Center/Student Lounge area to place a leaf on a memory tree and commemorate someone you know who died from suicide.
24-25th: Closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday
- Nov 28-Dec 2: Stress Busters Week
How NOT to De-Stress during Exam Time: Adderall and Stimulant Misuse
Short presentation followed by a panel of local peer specialists who will speak about their own experiences and recovery journeys.
- Thursday, December 1, 12 pm, The Den
- Pizza provided by Student Life!
Nov 28-Dec 2: Stress Busters Week
Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Stress Awareness Month
National Alcohol Awareness Month- Look for Free Alcohol Use Screenings
- 4/26 – Fresh Check Day: large picnic and mental health fair to be held outside the West Entrance
National Mental Health Month
Aug 16 from 5-7 pm: RRCC Welcome Night! Stop by our tables in the Great Hall to get more information regarding medical and behavioral health services available to RRCC students.