Dept Chair and Business Faculty
- BS Business Administration, Regis University – Denver, CO
- Master of Science in Management (MSM) – Regis University – Denver, CO
- Recipient of the John Brennan Excellence in Leadership Award
- Corporate careers in Finance, Marketing, and Project Management for national corporations
- Accomplished Entrepreneur
- Business Consultant and Strategic Planning Coach
Teaching Philosophy & Goals:
- With solid corporate based experience, Donna incorporates knowledge of business in areas of finance, product development, marketing, and management to form the foundation of her teaching approach.
- As an entrepreneur for nearly 7 years she brings personal application of business concepts and assist students in applying them to their everyday work environments.
- "I like to make every assignment count as a personal experience so each one is designed with that focus in mind; we all learn from each other so I highly encourage an interactive discussion forum seeking opinions that demonstrate student understanding of the topic."
Wendy H. Bird
Business and Real Estate Faculty
- B.A. Saginaw Valley State University
- J.D. Wayne State University Law School
- licensed attorney, Colorado (1994) and Michigan (1993) (inactive)
- licensed Colorado real estate broker (inactive)
- practiced law in Colorado, emphasizing areas of real estate, business, securities & estate planning.
Teaching Philosophy and Goals
- Wendy’s teaching philosophy starts with respect for the students and a desire to help them achieve their goals. She encourages students to chart a course that will lead not only to financial success, but more importantly to personal satisfaction.
- While Wendy has a passion for the law and believes the content of her courses is important, she believes that the skills learned, like independent thinking and problem solving, are equally important.
- By constantly striving to enhance and improve the learning experience and striving to serve different learning styles and preparedness levels, Wendy’s goal is to teach the student, not the material. Having fun during the process is strongly encouraged.
- MBA, Regis University
- BS, Business Administration (Accounting emphasis), University of Colorado
- Faculty Business / Accounting, Red Rocks Community College
- Key management member in two enterprise “start-ups” including a non-profit community health center for the uninsured and an aerospace and defense joint venture in Centennial, CO
- Marathon runner
Lead Accounting Faculty