Internships provide students with an opportunity to work in a position that is directly related to their field of study, applying classroom instruction to
practical work experience.
- All RRCC internships are credit bearing, from 1 to 6 credits, and subject to current tuition rates.
- Students enrolled in an internship work a minimum of 45 hours for every 1 credit earned. Typical internships are for 3 credits (135 work hours).
- Interns earn a letter grade.
- Internships can be paid or unpaid.
- Students in unpaid internships can apply for an Internship Grant.
- View currently available internships at www.rrcc.edu/jobwatch
- All internships are reserved for currently enrolled Red Rocks Community College students. We also welcome interested
RRCC alumni to apply.
- Fundamental knowledge in a RRCC field of study, usually one or two semesters of completed RRCC course work.
- A cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0 is required.
- An Instructor Recommendation form signed by the instructor who will supervise the internship.
- An internship site. Students who wish assistance in seeking an internship site are encouraged to contact the internship coordinator for an appointment.
Students interested in pursuing an internship begin the process by scheduling an appointment with Internship Services, Room 1260, Learning Commons.
Information: 303.914.6361 or www.rrcc.edu/jobwatch