Transfer of Credits
The Colorado Community College System (CCCS) uses a common course numbering system to simplify transfer to other state colleges and universities and to ensure curriculum quality across the system. Information is posted at:
www.cccs.edu. Once you are on the site, select ‘Common Course Number System’.
- Initial transcript evaluation is completed in Student Records.
- Grade point average (GPA) from transfer institutions is not calculated into your RRCC GPA.
- The college reserves the right to validate and examine all courses to determine if they are obsolete. If a course is obsolete, you may be required to take a similar course at RRCC.
- The college will accept transfer credit only from post-secondary institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations. Credits earned in a Colorado community college that are applicable to a specific AAS degree or certificate will be accepted in an equivalent program.
- All received and/or evaluated transcripts become the property of RRCC. Only grades of C or higher will be accepted for transfer. If you are pursuing a degree or certificate and wish previous college credits to be considered for transfer, submit official transcripts either sent from a previous institution or hand-carried in a sealed envelope to Student Records as soon as possible after registering for classes. Transcripts will not be evaluated until you are registered. However, they can be processed before you register in order to override a prerequisite requirement.