Students Rights and Responsibilitiesof Red Rocks Community College Disability Services
- To request and receive documentation that supports current requests for reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary services;
- To evaluate and/or identify functional limitations of the student's disability to determine appropriate academic adjustments and accommodations needed for courses, programs, services and university activities;
- To deny a request for an accommodation, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary services if the documentation demonstrates that they are not warranted or if the individual fails to provide appropriate documentation;
- To select among equally effective, reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids and services;
- To deny a request for an unreasonable accommodation, adjustment, and/or auxiliary service or one that imposes an undue hardship or fundamental alteration of a program or activity of the university;
- To ensure that qualified students (students who self identify as legally eligible for the qualification of "Disabled Student") upon submitting the appropriate documentation receive accommodation and/or academic adjustments for courses, programs, activities and services in the most integrated and appropriate settings;
- To provide information, upon request, to students with disabilities in accessible formats;
- To evaluate each request for an accommodation on an individual basis
- to maintain appropriate confidentiality of records and communication except where disclosures are permitted/required by law.
- To support individual students efforts in receiving services that effectively support their academic achievement
Used with permission from the University of Colorado-Denver Office of Disability Resources and Services. Special thanks to Ms. Lisa E. McGill, Director.