Elementary & Secondary Teacher Education
Teacher Education K-12 Advising:
Advising sessions for new and continuing students are are available by appointment with faculty advisor. If applicable, bring an unofficial copy of your RRCC transcript.
Our Teacher Education program provides:
- Teacher Education classes that transfer to 4 year programs.
- 30 hours of field experience in a K-12 classroom.
- A solid grounding in general education including American History, American Government and Literature.
- A strong foundation in math and science, one of the strengths of RRCC.
Elementary, Secondary, and Adult Education Degrees and Certificates
- Associate of Arts Degree in Elementary Education (K-6) (designated degree/ see below)
- Associate of Arts Degree Secondary Education (7-12)
Associate of Arts: Elementary Education Designated Degree
This AA Elementary Education Designated Degree will transfer seamlessly to Colorado public colleges or universities.
- Adult Education & Family Literacy Certificate
Recertification and/or Relicensure Credit for Certified Teachers
Earn recertification and/or relicensure credit:
- Earn graduate credit from the Colorado School of Mines
In collaboration with Colorado 4-year schools, Colorado has developed a statewide guaranteed transfer program called "gtPathways" to create seamless transfer. Click here for a list of courses that are guaranteed transfer to any Colorado public college or university. Click here to see the degrees that transfer seamlessly to Colorado public colleges or universities. Also take a look at our transfer guide.
Starting at RRCC makes cents! At about half the cost of a four year university you will complete all of your general education requirements for the bachelor’s and can take electives geared toward a specific major. By the time you finish your four-year degree you will save a significant amount of money by attending RRCC first and then transferring. See current tuition rates and savings here.
Quality Faculty and Small Class Size
At RRCC, we have qualified and accessible faculty with real-world experience, whose primary responsibility is teaching. Our faculty care about our students' success, and with an average class sizes of less than 20 students, you will never be lost in a crowd at RRCC!
Why Choose RRCC?
Deciding where to start your college education is a big decision. Whether you are earning a degree, brushing up on career skills, or seeking life-long learning, you will enjoy an environment of inspiration and support. It is our goal to create an experience that will enrich your life educationally, professionally, and personally to help you succeed!