Students have the right
- Know what financial aid programs are available at Red Rocks Community
- Know the deadline for submitting a financial aid application.
- Know how financial aid will be distributed and disbursed.
- Know how their financial aid was determined.
- Know what resources were considered in the calculation of their financial
- Know how much of their financial need was not met as determined by
- The details of the various programs in their student aid package.
- Know what portion of their financial aid they received must be repaid
(loans) and what portion is grant aid. If the aid is a loan, students have
the right to know the interest rate, the total amount that must be repaid,
the payback procedures, the length of time to repay the loan, and when the
repayment is to begin.
- Know how RRCC determines if they are making satisfactory academic
progress and what happens if progress is not being met.
- An answer. Any questions concerning the determination of an award can be
answered by a professional staff member in the Financial Aid Office.
- Accept all or part of the assistance offered. An award of one type of aid
is not contingent upon acceptance of another.
- Confidentiality. All financial aid information submitted to the Office of
Financial Aid will remain confidential according to the RRCC policy regarding
the release of information from student records pursuant to the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1976.
- Fair treatment. Red Rocks Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental
disability, veteran status or age.
Students are responsible for:
- Completing all applications accurately and submitting them by deadline
- Providing correct and updated information. Knowingly misreporting
information on financial aid applications is fraud and can be considered a
criminal offense which could result in indictment under the U.S. Criminal
- Responding to all requests from the Office of Financial Aid in a timely
- Reporting any changes in circumstances that might affect eligibility for
financial aid. These changes include residency, enrollment status
(withdrawing from a class or from school), class standing, increase or
decrease of financial resources and marital status.
- Reading and understanding all forms asked to sign and to keeping copies
of the forms.
- Being aware of the conditions related to the receipt of financial
- Meeting the Standards of Satisfactory Academic
Progress and knowing the implications if progress is not made.
- Being aware of and complying with deadlines for application or
re-application for financial aid.
- Knowing the RRCC financial aid refund policy.
- Meeting college costs. In addition, if a student is a dependent student,
parents share this responsibility.
- Reporting any assistance received from sources outside the Financial Aid
- Using financial aid funds for expenses related to attendance at Red Rocks
- Repaying all types of loan assistance. You must inform the Direct Student
Loan program of any changes in your name, address or enrollment status while
you are attending school or after you leave or graduate.
- Being aware that early withdrawal from the term may result in a pro
rata reduction of financial aid eligibility. Such a reduction may
require a student to repay money that was received to attend school.