The ASCENT (Accelerating Students through Concurrent Enrollment) Program is a “5th Year scholarship Program” that allows high school seniors to remain enrolled at the high school and take a fifth year consisting entirely of college classes.
- Take college coursework immediately following your senior year of high school
- Tuition paid by your school district
- Earn an Associate’s Degree or transfer your credits to a four-year college
To get started, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Meet the eligibility requirements
- Talk with your high school counselor to see if you are eligible to participate in ASCENT
- Meet all high school district graduation requirements
- Complete 12 college credits by senior year of high school
- Be selected for participation by your high school principal
- Be at college level in Reading, English and Math:
|18||19||17||440||460||SS: 95||REA: 80||EA: 45|
Step 2: Fill out the paperwork
- Complete the ASCENT Agreement and Registration Form.
Click here to download the ASCENT Agreement
- Read and sign the Student Payment Agreement with a parent.
Click here to download the Student Payment Agreement form
Step 3: Fill out the applications
- Complete the free Red Rocks Community College application for admission and the College Opportunity Fund applications. Click here to start your application.
- Please note that you may already have a RRCC account established if you registered for Concurrent Enrollment credits through your high school.
Step 4: Complete online orientation
- Complete the Mandatory Red Rocks 101 Online Orientation.
Click here to start the Red Rocks 101 Orientation.
Step 5: Complete the assessment process
- Complete Academic Assessment by submitting your ACT/SAT scores or come in to take the Community College Placement Test (CCPT). Click here for testing information.
- Contact the Assessment Center to determine if your scores have already been submitted to the college: (303) 914-6720.
Step 6: Complete the FAFSA application for federal student aid
- Click here to start your FAFSA application.
- Determine the amount of grants and scholarships (no loans) you may be eligible for.
- Click here to visit the Red Rocks Financial Aid website to learn more about financial aid.
- ASCENT students will have the option to accept ASCENT or financial aid depending on which option is most beneficial.
Step 7: Visit the Red Rocks High School Relations Office
- Meet with a High School Relations representative to submit your paperwork, discuss your scores, and register for courses.