Faculty Benefits Summary
- Sick leave - Faculty members accrue 90 hours per academic year. The total accrual will be credited to faculty at the beginning of the contract term. A maximum of 16 hours per year sick leave may be granted to regular faculty for personal reasons. With the exception of limited-contract faculty, a maximum of 160 hours per year sick leave may be granted to employees for absence due to illness or injury of a dependent or family member.
- Sabbatical leave - May be granted to regular faculty at any time after completion of at least six consecutive full-time, full-year contracts. Sabbatical leave must have the approval of the president.
- Holidays - The college is closed New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day. Four additional state holidays are observed during the Christmas break as defined by official RRCC alternate holiday schedule. Permanent part-time employees receive holiday leave on a prorated basis. An employee must work or be on paid leave the day before and day after a holiday to be paid for that holiday.
- Group health insurance - Employees may select coverage in the Employee Flexible Benefit Plan sponsored by the State Board for Colleges and Occupational Education.
- Group dental insurance - Employees may choose to participate in the Dental Insurance Plan. Two dental plans are available.
- Group life insurance - Each eligible employee is required to have a minimum term-life insurance benefit. Under the Basic Term Life Insurance Plan, the employee is required to elect a minimum of $20,000 or the amount of their annual salary, whichever is greater. The maximum election is two times the basic annual salary, up to a maximum of $300,000. Supplemental life insurance plans are available. Dependent life is available without enrollment in family medical or dental plans.
- Opt-out option - An opt-out option is available for both health and dental coverage. The employee cannot waive dental and keep health - both must be waived.
- Vision services plan (VSP) - Participation in the VSP is voluntary. Employees choosing to participate in the plan can use the services of a VSP member doctor or may choose to see a non-member doctor. Benefit schedules will vary based on your choice.
- National ear care - Participation in this benefit is voluntary. The program is available to all benefit-eligible, active employees and their family members.
- Long-term care - Coverage includes care in nursing facilities, and may cover care in the home and at adult daycare facilities as well. All employees, spouses, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents and grandparents-in-law are eligible for this voluntary long-term-care insurance.
- Travel accident insurance - Employees are covered under this plan if they are full time and actively working. There is no cost to the employee for this benefit. If the employee has an accident while traveling for business, this program provides benefit payments to the employee or the employee's beneficiary.
- Long-term disability - All benefit-eligible, active permanent employees who work a an average of 20 or more hours per week are covered under this plan. Benefits become available after the employee has been totally disabled for 90 days, or at the end of their accumulated sick leave, whichever is greater. This benefit is fully paid by the SBCCOE Trust on behalf of the employee.
- Flexible spending accounts - Allows employee to pay health expenses and/or dependent day care expenses with pre-tax dollars. Taxable income is reduced by the amount of anticipated expenses set aside in reimbursement accounts.
- Retirement - Participation in the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) is mandatory in lieu of the employee's contribution to Social Security. Retirement benefits are based on age, length of service, and highest average salary. A minimum of five years of service is needed to receive PERA benefits (vested). Related benefits information is available from PERA'S website.
We are in room 1025 at the Lakewood Campus. Our phone is 303.914.6570.