Red Rocks Credit Offered at Your High School
You may be able to take college classes without leaving your high school….and at no cost!
Selected academic and career based high school classes are offered for Red Rocks Community College credit with the tuition paid by the school district. The courses are taught during the school day in the high school classroom by RRCC qualified high school instructors. The credit earned is for dual enrollment - college and high school credit towards high school graduation requirements.
- Tuition is paid for by your school district
If the course is successfully completed with a grade of C or better, the school district will pay the cost of your tuition.
- Classes held on your high school campus
Your RRCC qualified high school teacher will offer you the college course in your high school classroom.
- Get a head start on your college career
The coursework earned can be applied to a degree or certificate program.
- Begin your Red Rocks official college transcript
The credit earned will automatically be recorded on your Red Rocks transcript.
To get started:
Step 1: Complete the Online Applications
Complete the free Red Rocks and College Opportunity Fund applications online at www.rrcc.edu/admis
Step 2: Complete Academic Assessment
All students are required to take the Accuplacer Assessment test or provide ACT/SAT scores before registration.
*Some Academic classes that offer college credit require a specific score. Click here to view the score matrix.
Assessment can be accomplished by:
Turning in your ACT or SAT scores.
Taking the free Accuplacer Assessment Test at Red Rocks Community College
- Testing is offered on a walk-in basis at the Lakewood or Arvada Campus
- Testing takes approximately 90 minutes
- You must complete the FREE Red Rocks Application and obtain your RRCC student ID number before testing
- A photo ID is required to test
- Click here for study guides and hours of operation
Step 3: Visit Red Rocks Community College to Complete your Registration
Red Rocks Spring Registration Drop-In Sessions:
|Wednesday, January 16, 2013||3:30-6:30 PM|
|Thursday, January 17, 2013||5:00-8:00 PM|
|Saturday, January 19, 2013||9:00 AM-Noon|
At Registration you will:
Register for College Credit
You will need:
- The Registration Sheet and Student Contract (provided by your high school teacher).
- Your high school teacher’s initials on each college course you are eligible to register for.
- A signature from you, your parent or legal guardian, and you high school teacher.
Submit the Concurrent Enrollment Agreement and Registration Form
You will need:
- A signature from you and your parent or legal guardian in section B.
- A signature from the high school principal or designee (if not provided) in Section C & D.
Click here to download the Concurrent Enrollment at your High School Checklist
Click here to download the Warren Tech Concurrent Enrollment at your High School Checklist
Click here to download the Concurrent Enrollment Agreement
Click here to see a list of the courses offered at your high school
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The High School Relations office
provides advice and guidance on
college courses you can take during
high school and after graduation.
Attention Concurrent Enrollment students!
Red Rocks Community College Registration Sessions are scheduled for:
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Saturday, January 19, 2013
9:00 a.m. - Noon
You must attend one of the above Registration Sessions to submit your required paperwork and register.