Internships for Students
About Internships for Students:
- Most RRCC internships are for credit, from 1 to 6 credits, and subject to current tuition rates.
- Students enrolled in an internship work a minimum of 45 hours for every 1 credit earned.
- Typical internships are for 3 credits (135 work hours).
- For-credit internships yield a letter grade.
- Internships can be paid or unpaid.
- Students in unpaid internships can apply for an Internship Grant.
- Current RRCC students who find paid internships are not required to register for internship credit.
- For a paid, non-credit internship, a student sets up the internship with the RRCC Internship Office and will receive a certificate of completion, verifying the professional nature of the internship.
- All internships are reserved for currently enrolled Red Rocks Community College students.
We also welcome interested RRCC alumni to apply for credit bearing internships.
- For-credit internships require a fundamental knowledge in a RRCC field of study, usually
one or two semesters of successfully completed RRCC course work.
- A cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0 is required.
- The student will provide a signed Instructor Recommendation form, verifying that the student
has the professionalism to represent RRCC in the workplace, and the skills to do the job.
- An internship site is needed. Finding an appropriate site will be discussed during the initial
Ready to Get Started?
The first step is to register with RRCC Career Connect. Once you have registered,
the internship office will be in touch with you to set up a short informational meeting.
In RRCC Career Connect, you’ll have the opportunity to create a profile, upload and
send your resume, apply for internships, and search the employer/job databases.