Law Enforcement Academy Dates and Instructions
EARLY INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON MAY 29TH AND 30TH FOR APPLICANTS TURNING IN THEIR APPLICATIONS NO LATER THAN NOON ON MAY 23RD.
We are now accepting applications for the Fall 2014 Law Enforcement Academy. Please read all instructions thoroughly before you submit your application. The hard deadline for submission is Friday, July 11, 2014 at 5pm. There are no exceptions to this deadline. After your application is reviewed, you will be notified whether or not you will be considered for the interview stage of the application process. Interviews will be held the week of July 21st through July 25th.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE RETURNED FOR COMPLETION WITHOUT BEING REVIEWED.
General Academy Dates and Overview:
- The Fall 2014 Academy begins on Thursday, August 14th and ends Thursday, December 11th. The date of the POST exam is to be determined.
- The intensive 38-college credit program is 17-18 weeks in length. Classes meet from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. There will be a few select classes held in the evening and on Saturdays.
- For Colorado residents, tuition and fees for the academy will be approximately $6,700* (with COF applied). Nonresident tuition will be approximately $20,000*. See application packet for additional costs/information. *Tuition and fees are subject to change.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age, possess a high school diploma or GED, and complete an assessment test (ACCUPLACER) to determine if reading and writing skills are at college level. See application packet for additional requirements.
- Items that may exclude students from acceptance into the academy include: moving vehicle violations (DUI, suspension, reckless driving, etc.) in the last 3-5 years; certain misdemeanor convictions; a conviction of any felony or crime of moral turpitude; recent drug use; or academic assessment scores (below college entry level). If you have been charged with a crime other than a traffic offense, obtain court records as soon as possible indicating the disposition of the case, and submit the disposition with your application to the Academy.
- Read through required qualifications. These are non-negotiable qualifications as required by POST certification. You must meet these basic qualifications for acceptance into the Academy. Sometimes cost is a factor for potential students - in addition to tuition costs, there a number of items that must be purchased separately. They are listed in the application.
Please choose one of the following applications.
If you are unsure which application to fill out, or if you have questions after reading through the instructions, please contact Mandi Myers at 303.914.6462 or email@example.com.
Fall 2014 Acceptance for provisionally accepted Spring 2014 applicants