LAKEWOOD, CO –The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation was established in 2000 through the will of prominent businessman, sportsman, and philanthropist Jack Kent Cooke. A self-made billionaire who died in 1997, Mr. Cooke left the bulk of his fortune to establish a foundation dedicated to supporting individuals of exceptional promise – those who work hard, stay focused, and defy the stereotype that low income precludes high achievement.
This foundation awards scholarships worth up to $30,000 per year to community college students transferring to a 4 year college or university. The Foundation will award approximately 60 scholarships through this program in spring 2012. The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation scholarship can provide funding for tuition, room and board, required fees, and books for the length of the undergraduate degree, generally two years.
Students must meet the following requirements:
· Be a current student with sophomore status or a recent grad from Red Rocks (within the past 5 years)
· Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better
· Plan to transfer to a 4 year college or university for the Fall 2012 semester
· Be nominated by his/her 2 year university (we can nominate 3)
· Demonstrate significant unmet financial need- this includes:low family and student assets and income in light of educational expense and substantial unmet educational costs after other scholarships/grants
· Students in any discipline are eligible
The RRCC internal deadline for submission of all application materials is Wednesday, November 16, 2011. All application materials must be submitted by this date in order to be considered for nomination. Applicants must directly submit all scholarship application materials online to the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship Foundation website at: www.jkcf.org.
Interested students should view the Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship information at http://www.jkcf.org/scholarships .
Please share the attached flier with your students and contact Marlene Adzema at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Download flyer here.