D2L Orientation-Student Information for using Desire2Learn
Once you have successfully logged in, look for the box labeled My Courses in the middle of the My Home screen. The names of the courses that you are enrolled in will appear. The names will be underlined and in blue type. Click the name of the course that you wish to view.
Once inside your D2L course, you can access the course materials:
Use the navigational tool bar along the top of your course homepage. The links located on this tool bar allow you to access materials within your course. Some tools that your instructor may be using include:
- Content may include your course syllabus, reading material, or homework instructions.
- Grades is where you can see your grades on assignments throughout the semester.
- Dropbox is where you can submit electronic copies of your homework to your instructor.
- Quizzes is where you can complete course quizzes or exams.
Some helpful Tips for using D2L :
- Get in the habit of using the links located on the navigational bar to move around inside your course.
- When exiting your D2L course, be sure to click on the Logout link AND close the browser window. This is especially important if you are using a computer in a public lab.