Your Student Records
- Privacy Notification
- Transfer of Credits
- Enrollment/Degree Verification
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Honors List
Grades are posted to your records after the term is completed. This is normally the Monday or Tuesday following the last day of classes. Grades are never given over the phone. We do not automatically mail grades to your home.
There is no charge for transcripts that are picked up, faxed or mailed by first-class mail. There is a $20 charge for transcripts requiring Federal Express (FedEx) overnight services. You must provide a physical address and a phone number. FedEx will not deliver to a P.O. Box. Student Records must receive the completed request by 11:00 a.m. (MST). Requests received after this time will be mailed by the requested method the next business day. Transcripts are typically processed within three business days after receipt of the request.
How to order a transcript
Transcripts can be ordered by using the transcript request FORM, ordering from your personal Red Rocks Community College web account or for transcripts sent to another college, by a phone request. You can print the FORM and either fax, scan it into an e-mail, mail or bring it to the Student Records. Students with academic records before summer of 1987 will need to order their transcript by using a paper form. These previous records do not show in the online system.
For students who have both academic records both prior to summer of 1987 and after, the prior history transcript will be printed with your transcript request.
Students who have not attended RRCC for a year or more will need to order their transcripts or view their records from My Community Education:
|Enter:||Enter your User ID using a capital 'S' and your PIN number|
|If you have forgotten your User ID or Password, you may complete the following:|
If you do not know your User ID or Password, click here
Click here for more directions on ordering transcripts (pdf).
If you have questions please contact Student Records at 303.914.6352 or email@example.com.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) permits RRCC to release directory information about you to interested parties. Directory Information is limited to the current academic year only. This does not include grades but does include:
- Your name
- Major field of study
- Participation in officially organized activities and sports
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees, certificates and awards received
- Most recent previous education and educational institution attended
If you do not want the college to release directory information about you without your specific consent, sign a directory restriction form in the Student Records. Your directory restriction will remain in effect until you cancel the request for non-disclosure.
For more information about Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) you may go to the Federal Government's website.
If you are pursuing a degree or certificate and wish previous college credits to be considered for transfer, submit official transcripts to Student Records no later than the semester preceding graduation.
Red Rocks Community College will evaluate credits earned at a regionally accredited institution of higher education to determine if those credits will be accepted in transfer. Please see the transcript evaluator in Student Records for additional information, or consult the Colorado Community College System Credit for Prior Learning Handbook.
The Colorado Community College System (CCCS) uses a common course numbering system to simplify transfer to other state colleges and universities and to ensure curriculum quality across the system. Information is posted at www.cccs.edu. Once you are on the site, select ‘Common Course Number System’.
- Initial transcript evaluation is completed in Student Records.
- Grade point average (GPA) from transfer institutions is not calculated into your RRCC GPA.
- The college reserves the right to validate and examine all courses to determine if they are obsolete. If a course is obsolete, you may be required to take a similar course at RRCC.
- The college will accept transfer credit only from post-secondary institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations. Credits earned in a Colorado community college that are applicable to a specific AAS degree or certificate will be accepted in an equivalent program.
- All received and/or evaluated transcripts become the property of RRCC. Only grades of C or better will be accepted for transfer. If you are pursuing a degree or certificate and wish previous college credits to be considered for transfer, submit official transcripts either sent from a previous institution or hand-carried in a sealed admissions envelope to Student Records as soon as possible after registering for classes. Transcripts will not be evaluated until you are registered. However, they can be processed before you register in order to override a pre-requisite requirement.
For more information, call 303.914.6355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party: Please use the National Student Clearinghouse to verify student enrollment/degree confirmation.
- Go to www.rrcc.edu.
- Select and enter your Student ID and PIN.
- Select ‘Student’ tab.
- Select the ‘National Student Clearinghouse Enrollment Verification. This option allows a student to print a certificate of enrollment, view enrollment information, view electronic notification and deferment forms, view a list of your lenders and link to a real-time student loan information detail.
PTK is located on the top of your transcript from the point of your initiation. A PTK sticker is also attached to your diploma at the time of graduation.
The honors list is meant to recognize students who have achieved an outstanding level of academic success. Qualifications for the list include:
- Earned, for all credits, a cumulative GPA of 3.85 (or higher) in your graduating term.
- Taken at least 15 credits at RRCC for a degree and at least 50% of required coursework for a certificate at RRCC
- Completed requirements for any degree
- Completed the requirements for any certificate containing at least thirty credits or more
- Completed and submitted a graduation application by the specified due date