The Radiologic Technology Program of Red Rocks Community College is committed to excellence in education demonstrated by providing a comprehensive entry-level education program to students with quality didactic and clinical instruction. The program supports the vision, values and mission of Red Rocks Community College by striving to be the premier imaging resource for our community.
I. Students will graduate, and pass the board exam, possessing entry-level radiology competencies that will benefit the community's needs.
- 85% of students that begin the program annually will graduate from the program
- 80% of the graduates of the program will have attained gainful employment within 90 days of graduation
- 80% of employers that respond to the employer surveys will rate the performance of graduates of this program as good or outstanding with regard to knowledge and applications
- 80% of students will pass the board exam on the first attempt
II. The program will provide students with didactic and clinical skills that include the ability to perform age appropriate patient care by assessment of physiological and psychological status incorporating ALARA, communication skills, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, and decision making abilities.
- Students will pass terminal competencies throughout the program with a grade average of
at least 75%
- Students will demonstrate appropriate skill levels in critical thinking, ALARA, communication skills, problem-solving skills, and decision-making ability
- 80% of graduates that respond to the alumni surveys will rate their clinical abilities, critical thinking abilities, ALARA knowledge, and decision-making/problem-solving abilities as good or better than graduates form other programs
- 80% of employers that respond to employer surveys will rate the program graduates as good or better than graduates of other programs in the areas of clinical ability, communication skills, ALARA knowledge, critical thinking ability, and decision-making/problem-solving ability
III. The program, through its instructors, will instill in students the desire to develop professional attitudes, behaviors, and ethics that will encourage life-long learning and professional growth and development.
- 80% of graduates that respond to alumni surveys will rate themselves as above average as compared to graduates of other programs in the areas of life-long learning and professional growth and development
- 75% of students will be active members of one or more professional organizations 1 year after graduation.
IV. Students will develop an appreciation for community and diversity that will add value to their communities and promote innovative ideas.
- 75% of students in the program will demonstrate appreciation of community and diversity through course assignments with a minimal passing grade of 75%
- 80% of graduates that respond to the alumni surveys will rate themselves above average as compared to graduates of other programs in the areas of community service and appreciation for diversity