Scholarships and Awards
General Scholarship Requirements
- Apply for admission to RRCC
- Be a Colorado resident
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
All scholarship awards are subject to change based on funding, student eligibility and other factors. New and current Red Rocks students may qualify for various forms of financial aid options. For scholarship information and to apply for RRCC Scholarships and RRCC Foundation Scholarships visit our AcademicWorks Scholarship Application System.
Other Scholarships for Incoming or Current Red Rocks Students
High School Senior Achievement Scholarship
The High School Senior Achievement Scholarship is for the high school student that has completed all of their high school graduation requirements by December of their senior year and wants a jump-start on their college education. This scholarship covers up to 12 credit hours of tuition only for three semesters: Spring 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018.
- Early graduation completion requirements by December 2016
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Colorado resident for tuition, as determined by the College
- Application for Admission to Red Rocks Community College
- Be a U.S. citizen/eligible non-citizen
Deadline: December 2, 2016
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Transfer Scholarship
- Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by December 31, 2014, or a recent graduate (since spring 2010).
- Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2015.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. JKCF anticipates that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
- Have not previously been nominated for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship.
- Have not previously attended a four-year institution.
Covers: Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees – for the final two to three years necessary to achieve a bachelor’s degree. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
Value: $40,000 per year to approximately 85 deserving community college students transferring to a 4 year college or university.
Deadline: December 2, 2014 (5:00 p.m., Central Time). Parent forms (if applicable) and recommendation forms are due December 9, 2014 (5:00 p.m., Central Time).
Contact: Marlene Adzema at firstname.lastname@example.org
Covers: Tuition only for one semester
Deadline: June 30 for Fall semester, December 15 for Spring semester
Submit: RRCC GED Scholarship Application
Contact: Gina Jimenez, email@example.com, 303.914.6030
For information about grants refer to the RRCC Financial Aid Handbook.
*If you experience problems opening these .pdf files in your browser window try right clicking on the link and save it to your desktop (Windows). For the Mac platform try holding down the control key and clicking on the link to save it to your desktop.