Theatre Arts and Dance Productions
Red Rocks Community College Theatre Arts and Dance Department
Announces a call for short plays for the Rocky Mountain Short Play Festival
Red Rocks Community College (RRCC) Theatre Arts and Dance Department, in continued support of new works and regional playwrights, is accepting submissions for the Rocky Mountain Short Play Festival. Short plays, anywhere from one to fifteen-minute plays will be accepted. They are scheduled to be performed at the RRCC Community Theatre in November of 2014 as part of the Rocky Mountain Short Play Festival. Please see submission guidelines below.
- Deadline: June 30, 2014, by 12:00 pm. Only electronic submissions accepted.
- Only original, unpublished and unproduced scripts by Colorado playwrights will be considered. The play may have had a reading, but not full production.
- Successful short plays are not scenes excerpted from larger works; rather, they need to be complete works with fully developed characters and plot.
- No more than six characters should be present in the play.
- No collaborations, adaptations, musicals or youth theatre are eligible.
- Playwrights may only submit one play for consideration. Make it your best work.
- Manuscripts should be submitted as either a MS Word document or PDF in standard play script format. No other formats are accepted.
- The manuscript needs to be typed in Times New Roman font, set at 12 point size. No exceptions; any script not meeting this requirement will not be considered.
- No more than 13 pages of dialogue in standard manuscript format: (2” left margin, all other margins: 1”. Every page except the first should include an abbreviated title with page numbers in the upper right hand corner. The first page of the manuscript should include a title; character descriptions; indicate “Time and Place” information; and a one or two sentence synopsis (log line) that describes the play. Note: The author’s name should NOT appear anywhere in the manuscript. The total number of pages in the manuscript is NOT TO EXCEED 14 PAGES and may be less. (First page = Title, Character list, Time and Place; followed by no more than 13 pages maximum of dialogue.)
- Submissions should also include the following information in a separate file from the manuscript, and sent as an attachment in the same email message as the manuscript submission: Title of Play, Author’s Name, contact information to include telephone and specified email address.
- Send complete manuscript and information page to: Leonard.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selected plays will receive full production at Red Rocks Community College in November, 2014.
- Selected playwrights will be paid a stipend of $50 and retain all rights; however, will be asked to sign a contract granting permission for RRCC to produce the world premiere production.
Contact: Leonard Madrid
Click to view RRCC's Theatre production history.