Non-Resident Tuition

Tuition rates are set annually by the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education. These rates are effective for the Fall 2014 term and the Spring and Summer 2015 terms. (Summer semester student health fees are $10. Total costs do not reflect this difference below.)

Non-Resident Tutition Rate

Click here to see student share of tuition plus fees for non-resident students.


Student Share of Tuition
(Does not include fees)
Click here for fees.







































RRCC Online and CCCOnline tuition:




 student share per credit hour

Non-Resident and WUE:


 student share  per credit hour

NUR Online resident: 


 student share  per credit hour

NUR Online Non-resident:


 student share  per credit hour









Nursing Courses (NUR):






 student share per credit hour



 student share per credit hour









Physician Assistant Program (PAP):





 student share per credit hour



 student share per credit hour








Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE):



WUE Non-Resident-on campus


  student share per credit hour

WUE Non-Resident-online


 student share per credit hour

The WUE rate is not available in the PA (Physician's Assistant) program


Residency Classification

RRCC classifies you as a Colorado resident or non-resident (for tuition purposes) based on your admissions application. We determine your tuition classification by the first day of the term or within ten business days for applications processed after the first day.

The information below provides guidelines to residency classification. However, final classification is based on a number of factors. Contact Janis Eagan in the Admissions office (303.914.6543) for additional information.

To qualify for resident tuition classification, you must be / demonstrate:

  • Permanent residence in Colorado one year prior to first day of term (age 23 and older).
  • Parent’s permanent residence in Colorado one year prior to the first day of term (age 22 and under).
  • Married at least one year prior to the first day of the term (age 22 and under) and meet permanent residence requirements.
  • Active military duty in Colorado (includes children and spouse). Requires appropriate documentation.
  • Honorably discharged member of the Armed Services. Requires appropriate documentation.
  • Transferred to Colorado as part of economic incentive program-HB 1256 (includes children; not spouse). Requires appropriate documentation.
  • Emancipated minors (parents no longer provide support, care and custody; do not claim you on taxes). Requires a Petition for Tuition Classification.
  • Attendance a Colorado high school for three years and graduated immediately prior to applying at RRCC.
  • You earned a GED and resided in Colorado for three years immediately prior to applying to RRCC.

ASSET or DACA Students

This information is about Colorado ASSET/DACA classification, which allows eligible students without documentation to pay in-state, rather than out-of-state tuition, as well as receive the College Opportunity Fund stipend at Red Rocks Community College.

To Change Your Tuition Classification

  • If you previously attended RRCC as a non-resident, but now meet resident tuition requirements, complete a Petition for Tuition Classification.
  • If you feel you were misclassified on your application, contact Janis Eagan in the Admissions office (303.914.6543) or

For submission deadlines, please check the college calendar on our website.