Apply for Veterans Educational Benefits
- All veterans and dependents need to apply for their benefits online at the following website, http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
- Post 9/11 GI Bill info: www.gibill.va.gov/post-911/post-911-gi-bill-summary/
- Local Veterans Administration Facilities
Other VA Programs:
- Ch. 30 New GI Bill
- Ch. 34 Old GI Bill
- Ch. 35 Survivors & Dependents Assistance (DEA)
- Ch. 1606 Reserve/National Guard
- Ch. 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP)
- If you qualify for both the Montgomery GI bill and the Original Ch. 34 GI bill as Retired Military: For the purpose of claiming Dependents, copies of your Marriage License and the Birth Certificates of your Dependent Children are required, along with the final DD-214.
- If you are a member of the National Guard/Reserve (Chapter 1606), you will need a copy of your DD-2384 (NOBE). Obtain this form through your unit.
- Acquiring copy of DD-214 Discharge/ Separation Papers:
- Go online to: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/dd-214.html
Denver Regional Office (Colorado/Wyoming)
155 Van Gordon St, Lakewood CO 80228
(Located just South East of the Lakewood Campus, off 2nd Ave & Van Gordon)
The Denver Regional Office is open for walk-in interviews with our General Benefits Counselors from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Regional Office Benefits Counselors are available by telephone
(1.800.827.1000) from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. MST, Monday through Friday.
Veterans Administration Hospital, Denver Colorado
1055 Clermont St, Denver, CO 80220
303.399.8020 or Outside Denver Area 1.888.336.8262
Veteran Financial Aid Basics, Exclusive Scholarships
As a current or former member of the armed forces, you are eligible to many exclusive scholarships.
Follow the link below for a helpful guide, and a comprehensive list of scholarships.