How to Register
Thank you for considering Red Rocks Community College. You will find step-by-step instructions for enrolling in your weekend class.
- Apply for Admission
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Take the Placement Test
- Seek Advising
- Register for Classes
- Pay Tuition
- Purchase Textbook
- Student Support Services
- Dropping a Course
You may apply for admission in many ways: through the Red Rocks Community College Admissions Office, by using the STAR telephone registration system, or online. For more information see our Admissions Page.
Visit the Financial Aid Office at the Red Rocks Campus or call 303.914.6600 for more information. Also look at our Financial Aid page for more information.
First-time students entering degree programs within the Colorado state system of community colleges will be assessed in reading, writing, and mathematics. Students who are assessed and do not meet basic skills standards are responsible for completing appropriate basic skills instruction. Students who initially enroll in a course and later elect to enroll in an approved certificate or degree program must participate in assessment at the time they enroll.
Monday, Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
These are general hours of operation and may vary on holidays and during semester breaks. The various programs have specific test times and rules. For more information look at our Assessment Center page.
Experienced advisors are available in the Advising Center to provide guidance and information to prospective students, new students and students who have not decided on a program of study. After completing the basic skills assessment in the Assessment Center, all students are encouraged to meet with an advisor.
For more information go to our Advising page.
Weekend courses start at the beginning of each month. All courses ending with 621 are at the Arvada Campus. All others are held at the Lakewood campus. Register at: www.rrcc.edu/onlineenroll/
In Person - You may pay by cash,
personal check, MasterCard, VISA, Discover
Card or American Express. If you are sponsored
by a third party, such as an employer or
other agency, bring to the Lakewood Cashier's
Office either a check from the sponsor or
a letter from the sponsor stating a promise
By Mail - You may mail your payment in the form of a check, money order or credit card number and expiration date to:
Red Rocks Community College Cashier's Office - Box 2 13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood, CO 80228-1255
(The Deferred Tuition Payment Plan is not available by mail.) By Telephone - You may pay with MasterCard, VISA, Discover Card or American Express by calling the STAR Registration System at 303.572.7827. Press the star key (*) when asked for the transaction code. At that point the system will provide you with instructions for paying by credit card.
By Web - By Web You may pay with MasterCard, VISA, Discover Card, or American Express using the Online Enrollment System. Log in using your student ID # and PIN (birth month, then birth date – example April 4 = 0404, is the default code for students who have not updated their PIN). Chose “Your Account” then “Make a Payment”. (The Deferred Tuition Payment Plan is not available by web.)
Textbooks and other learning materials can be purchased at the bookstore located at the Lakewood Campus. Or take a look at the online site for the bookstore by going to www.rrcc.bkstore.com. Information: 303.914.6232.
Tutorial Support Red Rocks offers free tutoring to those students in need of it. Come into the Learning Commons to receive help from available tutors. One-to-one tutoring is also available. More information and tutoring times can be found on our Tutoring Services page.
Disability Services The Office of Special Services is located in room 1182 inside the Learning Commons on the Lakewood Campus.
- The Office of Special Services offers programs that are appropriate for people with disabilities (including learning disabled), academically or economically disadvantaged, limited in English proficiency.
- We provide advocacy, assessment, direction, learning skills and school-to-employment transitioning.
- These services are provided to individuals within Red Rocks Community College and the community in large. The intent is to serve individuals with diverse needs who face substantial barriers to academic and career success.
About the Computer Access Center
- The Computer Access Center provides adaptive equipment and training for students with disabilities.
- Through course offerings, such as adaptive word processing, students learn to use speech synthesizers, screen readers, screen magnifiers, Grammatik and on-line dictionaries.
Disabled Student Services
- Students with disabilities (including the learning disabled and those with physical, sensory and temporary disabilities), who need assistance in order to succeed, are eligible to receive free services to assist them at Red Rocks Community College.
- These services include:
- counseling and vocational assessment;
- academic advising and registration assistance;
- consultation with instructors;
- text recording, note-taking and use of adaptive equipment;
- handicapped parking and campus orientation;
- sign language and oral interpreting
- liaison with rehabilitation agencies and other Colorado post-secondary institutions.
- Services are provided on an individual needs assessment basis. Section 504/ADA Compliance
- Red Rocks Community College complies with and fully supports Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, with amendments of 1974, as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, regarding nondiscrimination on the basis of handicap.
- Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 and ADA may be referred to Donna Remley, Coordinator of Office of Special Services and ADA, Box 12, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80401-5398 (914-6733) or to the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80294 .
- Limited tutorial assistance is available to transfer majors whose grades fall below average in selected content areas.
Phone: 303.914.6733 Email Donna Remley.
Direct line for hearing impaired callers: 303.914.6737 TDD/V or you may email Stacy Roe.
Monday through Thursday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday - 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You can withdraw from your class using the S.T.A.R. system, online, or in person.
Grades are available for your class on the S.T.A.R. system, online at www.rrcc.edu/onlineenroll or in person.