Red Rocks Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 312.263.0456), 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602. In addition, several programs hold approval or accreditation from national and state level associations and agencies.
Why Is Accreditation Important?
College accreditation is a guarantee that a college or program meets certain principles and provides quality education.
- It gives the assurance that, you will be able to attain definite educational outcomes.
- It pledges that you'll get qualified instructors and high quality up to date curriculum.
- Without accreditation by a nationally recognized accredited organization, a school and its students are not eligible to participate in government student assistance programs like federal grants and loans.
- Most employers who offer tuition assistance will not reimburse your tuition if you attend a school that is not accredited.
- Most employers will look at a degree from an institution with accreditation as a credential demonstrating motivation and quality education.
- If you intend to transfer credits to another college, you are required to attend an accredited school.
Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Education program at Red Rocks Community College is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Emergency and Public Safety Programs
The Emergency Management Services Program at Red Rocks Community College is approved by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. The Firefighter I Academy is approved through the Colorado Division of Fire Safety, and the Law Enforcement Academy is approved by the Colorado Peace Officers Standards and Training Board (POST).
Medical Assisting Program
The Red Rocks Community College Medical Assisting Certificate Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of MAERB.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Our Medical Assisting AAS Degree meets all Colorado state accreditation requirements.
Medical Imaging Program
The Red Rocks Community College Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
The Nurse Aid Program at Red Rocks Community College is accredited by the Colorado State Board of Nursing (DORA).
Physician Assistant Program
The Red Rocks Community College Physician Assistant Program is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).