Financial Aid Process
|Apply for an eligible degree or certificate program at Admissions.|
|Meet with an Academic Advisor (recommended) regarding course registration (Financial aid does not have to be completed to register for classes, however if aid is not awarded by census day, see the Financial Aid Office). Need to know how to pay for college?|
|Complete the FAFSA online - This is an annual application that must be renewed each January. (We pull in FAFSA records every 5 to 10 days.)|
|Check to see if additional documentation is need to complete your file (Student Finance tab).|
|Log into and select the "Student Finance" tab to view your Financial Aid Awards. (Awarding may take several weeks if we must verify your information.)|
|To accept a loan being offered to you, go to the Federal Loan Acceptance and Disbursement page.|
|Get your books and supplies. If you have enough financial aid, you may be eligible to charge books and supplies against your financial aid account. The TIV form must be on file. Charges usually begin two weeks prior to the main term start date.|
Go to class!
Need further information? The Financial Aid Handbook is a great resource.
Click here to apply for the 2014-2015 FAFSA.
For information on Scholarships, click here.
Welcome to Red Rocks Community College and the Financial Aid Office. We hope your experiences here are some of the most memorable and rewarding of your lifetime. The better you understand the process of financial aid, the better chances you have of maximizing the amount of aid you'll receive. Keep in mind, requests for financial aid usually exceed amounts available. It is essential you apply early and stay informed on the status of your application.
Most Financial Aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. To assure your application is processed and awarded prior to the first day of class, Priority Dates have been established. Students can still apply for federal aid throughout the academic year however; it is strongly recommended you submit your application prior to the established priority date in order to have your aid accounted for when student bills are processed.
Information on Red Rocks Community College policies and procedures can be found throughout this website and in the Financial Aid Handbook. It is every student's responsibility who applies for aid to be familiar with the contents of this document.
To be eligible to receive any type of Federal Student Financial Aid, a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or other eligible non-citizen.
- Register with the Selective Service Administration (unless exempt). See the Selective Service website for more information or to register. https://www.sss.gov/
- Be enrolled at a college or university that participates in the Federal Student Financial Aid Programs.
- Be working toward a degree or a financial aid approved certificate (click here for programs that are not eligible for financial aid).
- Be in compliance with the schools Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
- Not owe a refund on any federal grant, must not have borrowed federal student loans in excess of annual or aggregate loan limits, and must not be in default on any federal student loan unless satisfactory payment arrangements have been made.
All documentation requested by the Financial Aid Office must have been submitted.