The Rocky Mountain Chefs of Colorado Apprenticeship Program
The Chef's' Apprenticeship Program is offered through the Rocky Mountain Chefs of Colorado with college credit available through Red Rocks Community College. Interested students must attend an orientation session. Orientation dates, times, and locations will be listed on this page when available. All interested students must prepare themselves prior to orientation sessions by reading information and understanding apprenticeship, requirements, step-by-step procedures, how to apply, and tuition requirements.
Culinary Arts Information Sessions (no sign up required)
Spring 2017 Info Sessions (First Monday of each month)
- April 3, 2017, 4:00-5:00pm, Lakewood Campus - Red Fox Room
- May 1, 2017, 4:00-5:00pm, Lakewood Campus - Red Fox Room
- June 5, 2017, 4:00-5:00pm, Lakewood Campus - Red Fox Room
- July 3, 2017, 4:00-5:00pm, Lakewood Campus - Red Fox Room
- August 7, 2017, 4:00-5:00pm, Lakewood Campus - Red Fox Room
|Check out this video to learn more.|
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship is an on-the-job training program combined with technical classroom instruction. This program combines an Associate of Applied Science degree with 6000-hour (3 Year) European-style Dual registered apprenticeship. Students study the classical foundations of modern cuisine as well as a broad scope of business courses designed to prepare individuals for the challenges of today’s food service industry, while getting paid for each hour worked.
Benefits to the Apprentice
- Develop real world skills based on job experience
- Create career paths with long term financial security
- Provide full time employment
- Create documented skills
- Develop a personal philosophical base that builds ideals for a successful culinary career
- Develop professional work ethics through a commitment to the apprenticeship program
- "Earn while you learn" philosophy
- Earn progressively higher wages over the term of training
- Experience long term financial benefits
- Receive nationally and internationally recognized credentials upon completion
- Develop documented skills that are transferable
- Develop a personal sense of pride and professionalism necessary for success in the hospitality industry
- Three year culinary education
- Lab and classroom construction that compliments work instruction
- Offered Associates of Applied Science degree in Culinary Arts, transferable to 4 year institutions and higher
Attract motivated employees with our Sponsoring House Program.
Trends in Food Service Learn more...
The Culinary Arts Program is offered through Rocky Mountain Chefs of Colorado with credit available through Red Rocks Community College toward the following degrees and certificate:
Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts
- Introduction to Culinary Arts Certificate
- Certificate in Culinary Arts (a passing grade for all culinary arts certificate classes must be 70% or higher)
Chef Instructor/Apprenticeship Chair