Become a Teacher for Early Childhood Education
Program Mission: The ECE department at RRCC educates current and future early childhood practitioners to best meet the needs of our community. This includes knowledge, skills and dispositions in the areas of:
- Body of knowledge: child development, how children learn, social and emotional competence, nurturing positive relationships, promoting health and safety, assessment and observation skills, working with families and communities, inclusion, and professionalism.
- Critical thinking
- Lifelong learning
- Motivation and passion for children, families and the field of early childhood care and education
Early Childhood Education Degrees and Certificates
- Associate of Arts Early Childhood Education (Designated Degree)
- Associate of Applied Sciences Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Entry Certificate
- Early Childhood Preschool Teacher I Certificate
- Early Childhood Preschool Teacher II Certificate
- Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Teacher Certificate
- Director, Early Childhood Education Certificate
In collaboration with Colorado 4-year schools, Colorado has developed a statewide guaranteed transfer program called "gtPathways" to create seamless transfer. Click here for a list of courses that are guaranteed transfer to any Colorado public college or university. Click here to see the degrees that transfer seamlessly to Colorado public colleges or universities. Also take a look at our transfer guide.
Career Paths / Options in Early Childhood Education
- Child Care Worker
- Preschool Teacher
- Teacher, Kindergarten or Elementary School
- Education Administrator
- Postsecondary Teacher
- And so much more! Visit the Careers in ECE National Directory
Specific Skills You Will Learn
Throughout the course of a childhood education program you will become skilled in the assessment of the educational needs of children, learn observation techniques, child development theories and how to use them. All our certificate and degree programs include classroom time with children as a way of gaining hands-on experience.
Why Get an Early Childhood Education Certificate or Degree?
The career of early childhood educator is a rewarding one and appeals to many, it takes extensive specific instruction in the field to become a skilled practitioner. Find out more!
We are proud of what we do here and hope you will find the information you need on these webpages.
Now Available: ON-LINE Child Care Professional Education Center
Follow the link to find almost 300 trainings available on-line for your continuing clock hours. Courses are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! http://www.smarthorizons.org/naccrra/rrcc/
The NAEYC Commission on Early Childhood Associate Degree Accreditation awards accreditation to associate degree programs that demonstrate evidence of meeting the Professional Preparation Standards. Accreditation provides a framework for self-study, external evaluation and improvement in the quality of teacher preparation programs. Red Rocks Community College ECE program received the NAEYC national accreditation status in 2012.