STEM at RRCC
Begin your path to transfer into a STEM field at RRCC
RRCC provides students with strong academic programs in STEM fields, and many opportunities to get hands-on experience both in and out of the classroom. Whether through a biology research experience, Engineering Club workshop, or real world project in the IDEA Lab, RRCC has many programs where you can develop friendships with students who share similar academic and career goals, find support for your learning, and gain confidence in STEM!
Got an idea? Come to the IDEA Lab!
The IDEA Lab provides opportunities, tools, and mentoring through through real world projects. 3-D printers, electronics, soldering, whiteboards and more! New and BIGGER Location: Room 3678, west end, above Physics Labs.
New for Fall - STEM-X!
Gain practical skills through hands-on experiences in STEM while exploring engineering and technical fields and careers. STEM-X offers courses, workshops, projects and competitions in areas such as robotics, electronics, making and design. Join STEM-X by text or email. Thanks to Xcel Energy for sponsoring STEM-X!
Transfer pathway to Colorado School of Mines
Students who plan to transfer to Colorado School of Mines are encouraged to register for EGT 140 Introduction to Design and Engineering Applications (IDEA), 3 credits. Learn engineering design, ethics, economics and how math and science apply to a real world project. This course transfers to Mines for EPICS I.
Students who identify as either low-income and/or first-generation (first in their family to earn a baccalaureate degree) are encouraged to apply to STEM Scholars. The college has received a $500k grant from the National Science Foundation to provide mentoring, research experiences, and learning support to enhance success of low-income and/or first-generation community college students in STEM. STEM Scholars are eligible to apply for paid positions in the STEM Scholars Summer Research Experience.
Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CSSP)
Red Rocks Community College (RRCC) is implementing a Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CSSP) to enroll academically achieving, but financially needy incoming freshman and current students, as full-time Computer Information Systems (CIS) majors with an emphasis in Computer Security Specialist, Programming Specialist, Web Development or Networking Specialist.
Colorado Space Grant Consortium
RRCC is part of NASA Space Grant Program through the Colorado Space Grant Consortium (COSGC) which provides Colorado students access to space through innovative courses, real-world hands-on satellite programs, and interactive outreach programs.
STEM at RRCC includes:
- Associate of Science degree with areas of study in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Mathematics, and Engineering Transfer
- Associate Degree programs in Computer Technology
- Associate Degree Program in Engineering Graphics Technology with an engineering design course (Introduction to Design and Engineering Applications (IDEA) ) that transfers to Colorado School of Mines’ EPICS program
- IDEA Lab – technical design challenge and collaboration space in the library
- RISE incubates and launches transformative innovations in STEM education. RISE provides mentoring, education, and trainings for faculty and students to build a community of STEM innovators.
- STEM Clubs – get involved!