STEM at RRCC
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
At RRCC, these subjects come together through hands-on learning opportunities.
Experience science through a unique combination of coursework and travel
Study energy and geology in Iceland! There will be information sessions on Thursday October 15th from 3:00-4:00 in room 2573 and Wednesday November 11 at 2:30 in room 2563. Interested? See more in STEM Field Studies.
Engineering students - New mentoring programs!
Become part of a community of STEM students who share the goal of transferring into an engineering program by joining Engineering Pathways. Engineering Pathways provides transfer advising, guidance on internships, scholarships and networking opportunities, as well as general learning support.
Students who identify as either low-income and/or first-generation (LIFG) are encouraged to apply to STEM Scholars. The college has received a $500k grant from the National Science Foundation to provide mentoring, research experiences, and learning support to enhance success of LIFG community college students in STEM. STEM Scholars are eligible to apply for paid positions in the STEM Scholars Summer Research Experience.
Become innovative in the IDEA Lab
The RRCC IDEA Lab has received a $15,000 grant from Xcel Energy to fund hands-on STEM outreach. In the IDEA Lab, students work collaboratively on real-world technical design challenges. The IDEA Lab provides workshops on engineering design, clinics on 3-D printing, technical mentoring on project ideas and assistance finding resources to develop project ideas. The IDEA Lab is located in the library. Stop by and start your own project or see what students are working on. More about Xcel Energy at xcelenergy.com.
Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CSSP)
Red Rocks Community College (RRCC) is implementing a Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CSSP) to enroll academically achieving, but financially needy incoming freshman and current students, as full-time Computer Information Systems (CIS) majors with an emphasis in Computer Security Specialist, Programming Specialist, Web Development or Networking Specialist.
STEM at RRCC includes:
- Associate of Science degree with areas of study in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Mathematics, and Engineering Transfer
- Associate Degree programs in Computer Technology
- Associate Degree Program in Engineering Graphics Technology with an engineering design course (Introduction to Design and Engineering Applications (IDEA) ) that transfers to Colorado School of Mines’ EPICS program
- IDEA Lab – technical design challenge and collaboration space in the library
- RISE incubates and launches transformative innovations in STEM education. RISE provides mentoring, education, and trainings for faculty and students to build a community of STEM innovators.
- STEM Clubs – get involved!
We have many programs where you can develop friendships with students who share similar academic and career goals, find support for your learning, and gain confidence in STEM!