STEM at RRCC
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. At RRCC, those subjects come together through hands-on learning opportunities.
RRCC is committed to providing support to students studying STEM with the goal of transferring to a four-year institution. The college has received a $500k grant to provide mentoring, research experiences, and learning support to non-traditional student success in STEM, with a special focus on low-income and/or first-generation students. See RISE for more information.
New for 2014: Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CSSP)
Red Rocks Community College (RRCC) is implementing a Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CSSP) to enroll academically achieving, but financially needy incoming freshman and current students, as full-time Computer Information Systems (CIS) majors with an emphasis in Computer Security Specialist, Programming Specialist, Web Development or Networking Specialist.
STEM at RRCC includes:
- Associate of Science degrees in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Mathematics, and Engineering Transfer
- Associate Degree programs in Computer Technology
- Associate Degree Program in Engineering Graphics Technology with an engineering design course (Introduction to Design and Engineering Applications (IDEA) ) that transfers to Colorado School of Mines’ EPICS program
- IDEA Lab – technical design challenge and collaboration space in the library
- RISE – Red Rocks Innovations in STEM Education program provides mentoring, student success workshops, research experiences and community of STEM students. Apply now!
- STEM Clubs – get involved!
We have many programs where you can develop friendships with students who share similar academic and career goals, find support for your learning, and gain confidence in STEM!