STEM at RRCC
Begin your path to transfer into a STEM field at RRCC
RRCC provides students with strong academic programs in STEM fields, and many opportunities to get hands-on experience both in and out of the classroom. Whether through a biology research experience, Engineering Club workshop, or real world project in the IDEA Lab, RRCC has many programs where you can develop friendships with students who share similar academic and career goals, find support for your learning, and gain confidence in STEM!
Interested in design, innovation and working with local partners? Join the IDEA program!
In the IDEA course, teams of students work on client-based technical projects in collaboration with local partners in both the private and non-profit sectors. The IDEA Lab is a design and makerspace that provides STEM students with tools, technology, design and fabrication equipment, and workshops to collaborate, learn and become inspired to bring forth innovative solutions to local and global challenges.
Are you interested in putting your STEM knowledge and skills to make the world a better place? Become an innovator with IDEA!
Engineering students - New mentoring programs!
Become part of a community of STEM students who share the goal of transferring into an engineering program by joining the Engineering Transfer Program on D2L (click here for directions on how to self-register). There you will find resources for transfer advising, guidance on internships, scholarships and networking opportunities, as well as general learning support.
Students who identify as either low-income and/or first-generation (LIFG) are encouraged to apply to STEM Scholars. The college has received a $500k grant from the National Science Foundation to provide mentoring, research experiences, and learning support to enhance success of LIFG community college students in STEM. STEM Scholars are eligible to apply for paid positions in the STEM Scholars Summer Research Experience.
Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CSSP)
Red Rocks Community College (RRCC) is implementing a Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CSSP) to enroll academically achieving, but financially needy incoming freshman and current students, as full-time Computer Information Systems (CIS) majors with an emphasis in Computer Security Specialist, Programming Specialist, Web Development or Networking Specialist.
STEM at RRCC includes:
- Associate of Science degree with areas of study in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Mathematics, and Engineering Transfer
- Associate Degree programs in Computer Technology
- Associate Degree Program in Engineering Graphics Technology with an engineering design course (Introduction to Design and Engineering Applications (IDEA) ) that transfers to Colorado School of Mines’ EPICS program
- IDEA Lab – technical design challenge and collaboration space in the library
- RISE incubates and launches transformative innovations in STEM education. RISE provides mentoring, education, and trainings for faculty and students to build a community of STEM innovators.
- STEM Clubs – get involved!