Office of Marketing and Communications
The office of Marketing and Communications is responsible for college publications, media relations, event publicity, advertising, program promotion, graphic design, and website design and maintenance.
Our Goal is to increase public awareness and perception of the College, build equity for the RRCC brand and enhance the RRCC Image.
Services for Faculty and Staff
To allow enough time for us to produce your materials, please stick to the recommended lead times when submitting your project requests.
Graphic Design & Print Production
Our creative team of designers is available to assist in developing advertisements, brochures, flyers, and additional marketing collateral. Departments are responsible for providing content, mailing lists, and for covering printing and distribution costs for their respective materials.
- Advertising - Three weeks before event
- Print Collateral - Six weeks before deadline
PLEASE NOTE: All requests for print/design production and marketing campaigns must be run through your Vice President of your area. It is your responsibility to assure that they sign off on your project and forward it on to our department in a timely manner.
To submit a design or print request, choose your VP:
Marketing & Communications manages and maintains the rrcc.edu website. It is the responsibility of each department to make sure the content on each department webpage is accurate and up to date. If you have content that needs to be updated, our web designers are ready to help.
- up to one week.
The Marketing Department has no offical photographer on staff, but can help out during daytime hours only for the following :
What we are able to do for you due to out limited staff:
- Shots needed for PR purposes only that need to be in high resolution format -such as headshots for magazines, professional awards, etc. or any purposes related to marketing the college. We ask that you give us 48 hours to provide someone.
- Department shots for a slideshows on rare occasions when this is needed to promote your program. For example, if your department has impressive equipment (WQM program) that other schools might not have, then we could set up a slideshow to promote this.
What we ask from you (If you do not have a camera to use, you can check out one from marketing) :
- Take your own staff/faculty shots if you wish for them to be on the web. Send them to us (many of you do this already). We can definitely upload these to the web site on the contact or faculty/staff pages of our web site, if provided by your area. However, if you have a high rate of staff turnover, we recommend you do not do this.
- Graduations must be covered by your individual departments and we can recommend a professional photographer if your are in need of one.
- Luncheons or other events, fairs, etc.-please designate a student or staff member from your area to cover the event. Most of the time, when we have sent someone to cover it, the photos were never used.
- After-hour events- please assign someone in your area, or contact us for a list of professional photographers to contact.
Please know that we always here for a photograph resource to make sure you can figure out a way to get photos necessary. Contact Adam Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions or to reserve our red (easy-to-use) camera for your needs, if you have no camera in your area to use.
Social Media Posting Requests
If you have any content that you would like posted on our social media pages please email us at email@example.com.
Latest Social Media Trends
Think Facebook and Twitter are a passing fad? Check out this video on the latest social media trends!
Marketing and Communications can print short run projects in-house up to 100 copies. For all other projects, please contact us for a list of approved print vendors.
The Office of Marketing & Communications is your source for all media inquiries and support. We prepare and distribute news releases and media advisories, research and respond to your queries, set-up interviews, distribute the college’s Expert List, provide escorts and, as applicable, act as organizational spokespersons. Our objective is to support you and your organization's news needs.
A press release can be issued for any upcoming event, special occurrence, or to tell an interesting story. We will write the release and send it to you for correction and approval, or you may choose to write a release yourself and ask us to distribute it. Please note: we cannot guarantee publication of press releases and releases must be distributed through the Office of Marketing and Communications.
Submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three weeks before event; ASAP after an event occurs.