RRCC named a Top College for Military Veterans in 2017
Military Advanced Education & Transition named Red Rocks Community College a TOP school in its 2017 Guide to Colleges & Universities research study!
Military and Veteran Services
At Red Rocks Community College, we honor the commitment and sacrifices our service members and their families make to serve our country, so we work to make the transition from service member to college student as easy as possible.
The Military Veteran Services Center assists eligible veterans, active duty military, Reservists, National Guard members, and dependents with the services they need to reach their academic goals.
Services we offer are:
- Connecting students to campus experts in Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid, Personal Counseling Services, Accessibility Services, Testing Services and Career Services.
- GI Bill Certification.
- Referrals to campus and community resources.
- Support and campus activities to ease the soldier-to-student transition.
- Promoting camaraderie among military students through organized student veteran and military associations.
- Access to Military and Veteran Student Center. A place to study, mingle, and learn more about veteran related events and resources.
- Connections with off campus Veteran Services Organizations to help ease the transition from service member to student.
Military and Veteran Student Center
Location: Near East Entrance - Room 1007
The Military and Veteran Student Center provides a space where RRCC student veterans can study, relax, and make connections with fellow student veterans. The Study Lounge provides computer stations, WiFi, printer, telephone for local calls, coffee, refrigerator, microwave and veteran-related RRCC and community resource information.
RRCC Veterans Student Club
Veterans club meeting are held in the Veterans lounge, the first Wednesday of each month at 12:00 pm.
The club is a voice for student veterans concerns and is active in helping veterans reintegrate into academic and civilian life. The club also connects students to RRCC and community resources.
Earn College Credit for Prior Learning
Did you know that you could receive college credit for knowledge gained through your military training and experiences? Visit www.placredit.com to create a personal prior learning history that you can share with your advisor to learn if your experience could qualify for prior learning credit. You can also learn more here.
Faculty and Civilian Resources
Learn about issues facing veterans, and how to best support them, with these free online trainings. Free webinar training for service members, family and service providers http://usmilitarymatters.org/