IMPORTANT NEWS - PLEASE READ!
Beginning September 1, 2004, all students with new I-20's must pay a SEVIS fee to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement before the visa interview. The SEVIS fee is $200. This fee is in addition to a visa fee, charged by the U.S. Consulate. You must pay the SEVIS fee via internet, mail, or Western Union in U.S. funds BEFORE your visa interview. You must bring your SEVIS fee receipt with you to the interview.
- You will need the following information to correctly fill out the form and pay the fee:
- Your own personal information (name, address, date of birth, passport number, etc.)
- School Code: DEN-214F-00475-000
- SEVIS Identification Number (This number is on your I-20 and begins with an N)
There are 3 ways to pay the fee:
To pay the fee with a credit card online:
- Go to www.fmjfee.com.
- Read the instructions then click on "Yes" at the bottom of the web page.
- Click "I-20" and OK.
- Fill out the form, read the information at the bottom, and click "I Accept."
- Review your form and correct if needed, or click "Continue."
- Choose "credit card" as payment method (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express are accepted).
- Enter credit card information and click "Submit Payment."
- Print the receipt provided online immediately. There will also be a receipt mailed to your home, but the online receipt can be used at the visa interview.
To pay the fee with a check or money order via mail:
- Go to https://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/I901feefaq.pdf and print the form.
- Read the instructions and fill out the I-901 form. Use the information above to fill out lines 14. and 15.
- Line 17. - check "A. F/M only: ($200)."
- Obtain a check or money order in the amount of $200. This check or money order must be from a bank located in the U.S. and must be in U.S. dollars.
- Make the check or money order out to "I-901 Student/ Exchange Visitor Processing Fee."
- Write the name of the student and the SEVIS identification number on the check.
- Mail the I-901 form and the check or money order to: I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee
P.O. Box 970020
St. Louis, MO 63197-0020
Allow 2 weeks for mail delivery in each direction. (That's 4 weeks total before your visa interview!)
- For Courier delivery (express mail like DHL or Federal Express)
I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee
1005 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101
- To pay the fee at Western Union (an additional Western Union fee will apply): Check to see that your local Western Union branch offers "Quick Pay" or "Payment Services" service.
- Go to: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/wu_instr.htm. Read the instructions.
- Click on "International F and M Visa Instructions(PDF)" at the bottom of the page.
- Print instructions and this sample and bring them to Western Union. Fill out the Blue Form at Western Union.
KEEP THE RECEIPT! You will need to have a receipt to show the consular officer at your interview. You may also need to show the receipt at the airport when you arrive in the U.S. or in the future for other purposes. Please do not lose the receipt. This is a NON-REFUNDABLE fee.