Internships for Employers
About Internships for Employers
Students look for internships to gain experience in their academic area through practical work
experience. By working closely with an expert in the field, students receive supervision and
mentoring. Workplace supervisors provide opportunities for learning and professional growth.
Differences between Internships and Jobs
- An internship has an expectation of training and learning.
- The employer provides direct supervision by a knowledgeable professional.
- Students can register and pay for internship credit.
- Positions best suited for listing as jobs instead of internships include:
- Commission-based positions
- Positions not related to Red Rocks courses.
- Positions where the employer does not possess the necessary skills to show
the student how to do the job (i.e. creating a website).
- Want to know more? Click here to read the full Internship Guidelines.
- Is your position a job? Click here to post an off-campus job.
Setting Up an Internship
- Post a position on RRCC Career Connect.
- Students apply directly to employers.
- Select a student.
- Direct the intern to the RRCC Internship Office for an internship orientation prior to
putting in hours.
- Sign the Internship Training Agreement and Learning Objectives.
- The student can start!
Ready to Post an Internship?
- Go to RRCC Career Connect to create a company profile and post an internship.