Red Rocks Community College offers many federal, state, college and private scholarships and awards through our Financial Aid Office, High School Relations office and the Red Rocks Community College Foundation.
Each of these scholarships has different criteria and deadlines, but all are available to qualified RRCC students. Additionally, qualified new and current Red Rocks students may qualify for various forms of financial aid options.
Click here to download RRCC Scholarship Applications.
Your first step to find out about the requirements and various scholarships we offer is to contact our Financial Aid office, 303.914.6256; for RRCC Foundation scholarships visit their website or call 303.914.6363.
How to apply
1) To be eligible for RRCC scholarships or awards, students must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens and legal Colorado residents.
2) Apply for admission to Red Rocks Community College.
3) Applicable scholarship applications are available through Financial Aid, High School Relations or the RRCC Foundation.
4) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available in high school career counseling offices (after January 1st of each year) or online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
5) Call our Financial Aid office 303.914.6256 to clarify any questions and to ensure you have the correct documentation to complete your file. Financial Aid is located in Room 1330 at our Lakewood campus. Please meet with a representative from High School Relations or the Red Rocks Community College Foundation.
6) Ensure you meet each applicable deadline. High School Relations scholarships vary, with most applications due each spring. Red Rocks Community College Foundation scholarship applications are accepted year-round, with submission deadlines each June. For grants, loans, Colorado Scholars scholarships and work-study deadlines contact our Financial Aid Office. For Student Hourly questions, contact Student Employment Services in Room 1657 or call them at 303.914.6258.
7) Upon receiving an award, ensure you consistently meet the following criteria:
- A Red Rocks Community College or Red Rocks Community College Foundation scholarship will only be valid for students enrolled at this college. Red Rocks Community College defines "full-time" enrollment as 12 credit hours per semester. Annual scholarships are defined as fall and spring semesters in the same academic year. Scholarship students who receive need-based financial aid or other additional awards may recognize a reduction to their original scholarship award.
- Maintain a RRCC minimum grade point average of 2.0, or higher as determined by the type of award offered via the administering department or donor. Any semester in which the scholarship student drops below the minimum grade point average may result in a cancellation of the scholarship, or reimbursement for current awards issued as determined by the administering department. The Financial Aid Office is the initial point of contact for all scholarship questions.
- Red Rocks Community College does not unlawfully discriminate in its admissions, education programs, activities or employment policies on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin or handicap, and is subject to Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended. Red Rocks Community College also complies with the Veterans Readjustment Act of 1973, sections 503 and 504.