RRCC Commencement Information
NOTE: RRCC has one Commencement ceremony per year at the end of Spring semester in May.
Remember, you must apply to be awarded degrees and certificates.
We are no longer accepting applications for Spring 2017. The deadline has passed. We are now accepting applications for Summer 2017.
The Spring Commencement ceremony will be held on May 13, 2017. As a result of the Recreation Center construction, Commencement will be moved to Magness Arena (inside the Ritchie Center) at the University of Denver campus.
Date: May 13th 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Magness Arena (inside the Ritchie Center) - University of Denver, 2201 E. Asbury Ave, Denver, 80208
Magness is a large multi-purpose arena and the temperature may be a bit cool. Please dress for these conditions.
Driving Directions from 1-25
-- From I-25 take University Exit turn South onto University Ave.
--Turn west onto Buchtel Blvd.
--Follow signs and DU staff. When you are nearing the Ritchie Center there should be signs and DU staff to direct you to Parking and/or Drop-Off.
Parking - There will be signs and DU staff directing guests to the parking lots.
Drop-off is available in the circle in front of the Ritchie Center
- Free parking will be available in Lots 103, C, 108
- Metered parking is available on adjacent streets.
- Handicapped parking is available in Lots 311 and 314.
Cap & Gown
For information regarding graduation cap and gown, announcements, and other mementos please visit the RRCC Bookstore or the Herff Jones ordering website for easy ordering before March 31st. At the end of April the RRCC Bookstore will have a limited stock of various cap and gown sizes, so order your caps and gowns by (March 31st) to ensure you get the size you need. Miscellaneous sizes will be available for purchase in the Bookstore after April 26th.
Cap & Gown Cost:
$39.00 (approximate) - Contact the RRCC Bookstore for further details at 303.914.6232
Seating Sign-Up (for Graduates Only)
All graduates participating in the Commencement ceremony must sign-up for seating. Reservations will begin (January 2nd 2017). Please contact Carla Plucknett BEFORE May 10th for your reservation (phone: 303.914.6496, room 1200, behind Admissions, Monday-Thursday 9:30am to 6pm and Friday 9am-5pm). Necessary information: First and Last Name, Student Number, semester of graduation and a contact Phone Number.
Guest seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis on the date of the ceremony.
Graduates or their guests requesting accommodations for disabilities should contact Accessibility Services at least 72 hours prior to the event. Please call 303.914.6733. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request for guests with disabilities. Seating in this area will be limited to the disabled person and two guests.
- Graduates meet in Hamilton Gym (lower level)
- Assemble in two columns as directed.
- Be in line, dressed in cap and gown, by 9:30am.
- Required Commencement attire is cap and gown, no exceptions.
- No additional adornments of any kind are allowed with the exception of Honors, Veterans, NSLS, and Phi Theta Kappa recognition. PTK members wear both the red and gold tassels (gold alone is for a Ph.D. degree).
- Make sure the tassel is securely fastened under the button on your cap.
- Tassel should be worn to the right. During the ceremony you will be instructed when to move it to the left.
- Bobby pins can be helpful to keep your cap in place.
All Honors Recognition graduates participating in the ceremony will be awarded a medallion. To qualify your cumulative G.P.A. must be 3.85 or higher, completing the requirements for any degree or completing the requirements for a certificate program at Red Rocks Community College that requires at least 30 credits. If you do qualify, please notify Student Records. Medallions are available at Student Records and can be worn at the ceremony. Please note: PTK and Honors Recognition are two separate entities. Honors Graduates will be noted in the Commencement Program.
Family Members and Guests - Seating, Photos
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please ask your guests not to arrive prior to 9:00 a.m.
- Guests must remain in their seats throughout the ceremony. Standing or sitting in the aisles is not permitted.
- Smoking is NOT allowed in the facility.
NO BALLOONS OR NOISEMAKERS ARE ALLOWED.
You will receive a card for your personal information. You must have this card with you during the ceremony.
- The narrator will use the card to announce your name as you receive your diploma. Please write clearly and include a phonetic spelling, if needed.
An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing will be on stage, on the left side.
- Diplomas are not issued at the ceremony. You will be receiving a padded diploma cover when you cross the stage.
- Spring 2017 diplomas and certificates will be mailed the week of (June 12th), providing that final grades have been posted and all financial obligations have been met.
The processional will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
The order of the processional is:
- Faculty of the Year (carrying college mace)
- President and Platform Guests
- Deans, Faculty and Staff
- Marshals and the Graduates
Remain standing for posting of the colors and Pledge of Allegiance.
To ensure that the graduation ceremony runs smoothly, only graduates may walk in the processional, sit in the graduate area and walk on stage to accept degrees.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by Red Rocks Community College of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.