RRCC Commencement Information
2015 Spring Graduation Photos
Congratulations RRCC Graduates on your achievement!
GradImages® was the official photographer at your ceremony.
Your photos are now available to view and order by visiting our website at www.gradimages.com.
Simply enter your Last Name, your School Name: Red Rocks Community College, and select 2015 from the dropdown menu.
Once you see your name, click on the link to view your photos.
If you need additional help to locate your photos, call GradImages' customer service department by phone at 800-261-2576 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(NOTE: RRCC has one Commencement ceremony per year at the end of Spring semester in May.)
Remember, you must apply to be awarded degrees and certificates
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING 2016. THE DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 3rd.
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2015. The deadline has passed.
(As a result of the Recreation Center construction, Commencement will be moved to an alternate location for Spring 2016). Location updates will be posted as they are received.
Date: May 14, 2016
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: TBD (As a result of the Recreation Center Construction, we will be moving the Spring 2016 Commencement to an alternate location).
THE 2016 SPRING GRADUATION CEREMONY IS May 14th.
Nominate an Outstanding GRAD
Nominations for Outstanding Graduate are now being accepted from faculty, staff or current students, including self-nominations. To nominate a student, complete the online form here. Nomination Deadline: (April TBD)
At the Graduation Fair:
- Order your cap and gown, graduation announcements, class rings, and get info on ordering PTK regalia.
- Meet with Financial Aid and speak with the Cashier.
- Bring an updated resume; meet with a business professional for resume review.
- Bookstore discounts will be available.
- Win a 3-credit class!
Cap & Gown
For information regarding graduation cap and gown, announcements, and other mementos please visit the RRCC Bookstore or the Herff Jones ordering website for easy ordering before TBD. At the end of April the RRCC Bookstore will have a limited stock of various cap and gown sizes.
Cap & Gown Cost:
$35.00 (approximate) - Contact the RRCC Bookstore for further details at 303.914.6232
Seating Sign-Up (for Graduates Only)
All graduates participating in the Commencement ceremony must sign-up for seating. Reservations will begin TBD, 2015. Please contact Carla Plucknett BEFORE TBD for your reservation (phone: 303.914.6496, room 1200, behind Admissions, Monday-Thursday 9:30am to 6pm and Friday 9am-5pm). Necessary information: First and Last Name, Student Number, semester of graduation and a contact Phone Number (in case of weather).
Guest seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis on the date of the ceremony.
Persons requesting accommodations for disabilities should contact Jean Kelly at 303.914.6731 by TBD. Please keep in mind seating in this area is limited to the disabled person and two guests. Designated accessible seating for guests will be available on the left (east) side of the seating area.
Rehearsal for grads marching in the ceremony will be from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Friday, May 13th. Meet at the TBD. In case of rain, meet in the TBD at 2:00 p.m.
- All lots will be open.
- Handicapped parking spots will be designated in the East lot and the short-term parking.
- The entrance to the East lot will be closed when it is full.
Arrival Time/Location (TBD)
- Assemble in two columns on the service drive, just north of the building.
- Be in line, dressed in cap and gown, between 9:30 and 9:45 a.m.
- Please do not arrive before 9:00 a.m. as we will still be preparing for the ceremony.
- Required Commencement attire is cap and gown, no exceptions.
- No additional adornments of any kind are allowed with the exception of Honors, Veterans, NSLS, and Phi Theta Kappa recognition. PTK members wear both the red and gold tassels (gold alone is for a Ph.D. degree).
- Make sure the tassel is securely fastened under the button on your cap.
- Tassel should be worn to the right. During the ceremony you will be instructed when to move it to the left.
- Bobby pins can be helpful to keep your cap in place, especially on a windy day.
- You will be walking on grass, please consider that when you choose your footwear.
All Honors Recognition graduates participating in the ceremony will be awarded a medallion. To qualify your cumulative G.P.A. must be 3.85 or higher, completing the requirements for any degree or completing the requirements for a certificate program at Red Rocks Community College that requires at least 30 credits. If you do qualify, please notify Student Records. Medallions are available at Student Records or can be picked up at the Rehearsal and can be worn at the ceremony. Please note: PTK and Honors Recognition are two separate entities. Honors Graduates will be noted in the Commencement Program.
Family Members and Guests - Seating, Photos
- At least the first ten rows of the center section are reserved for graduates.
- Designated handicapped seating is available on the left (east) side of the seating area.
- Two rows on the right (west) side of the seating area are reserved for VIPs.
- All other seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests may also sit on the lawn, but need to remain behind the lines marked on the field. PLEASE ask your guests not to arrive prior to 9:00 a.m. as we will still be preparing for the ceremony.
- The area immediately around the graduate seating must be kept clear. Family members/guests who wish to take photos of grads receiving their diplomas MUST use the designated area to the right of the stage. PLEASE ask your guests to be considerate of others and walk behind the audience to this area.
- No seating is allowed on the track.
- Smoking is NOT allowed in the outdoor theatre area. The closest smoking area is by the southeast entrance to the building.
You will receive a card for your personal information. This card has several purposes:
- The narrator will use the card to announce your name as you receive your diploma. Please write clearly and include a phonetic spelling, if needed.
- You may write a “thank-you”, up to 20 words, that will be read as you cross the stage. Please print clearly.
An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing will be on stage, on the left side.
There will be a number of temporary restrooms set up in various locations near the Pavilion. As well, Grads and guests can use restrooms in the east wing of the building.
- Diplomas are not issued at the ceremony. You will be receiving a padded diploma cover when you cross the stage.
- Spring 2016 diplomas and certificates will be mailed the week of (June TBD), providing that final grades have been posted and all financial obligations have been met.
Inclement Weather (TBD)
- In the case of inclement weather Commencement will be held at Green Mountain High School, in the gymnasium, at 11:00 am. GMHS is located at 13175 W. Green Mountain Drive. From Union Avenue and Alameda Parkway, drive west on Alameda Parkway to Green Mountain Drive. South on Green Mountain Drive to the high school. If weather is questionable, check for updated announcements on this page, or call 303-914-6600 on the morning of Graduation for a recorded update.
- All events will begin one hour later.
- If the ceremony is moved to Green Mountain High School, grads will assemble in the cafeteria between 10:30 and 10:45 a.m.
- If we move to Green Mountain High School you are limited to 5 guests.
The processional will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
The order of the processional is:
- Faculty of the Year (carrying college mace)
- President and Platform Guests
- Deans, Faculty and Staff
- VP of Student Services, two Marshals and the Graduates
- Boy Scouts of America
Remain standing for posting of the colors and Pledge of Allegiance.
To ensure that the graduation ceremony runs smoothly, only graduates may walk in the processional, sit in the graduate area and walk on stage to accept degrees.
All graduates and their guests are invited to join the faculty and staff for refreshments immediately following the ceremony on the East Lawn.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by Red Rocks Community College of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.