RRCC Commencement Information
NOTE: RRCC has one Commencement ceremony per year at the end of Spring semester in May.
Remember, you must apply to be awarded degrees and certificates.
We are no longer accepting applications for Spring 2017. The deadline has passed.
The Spring Commencement ceremony will be held on May 13, 2017. As a result of the Recreation Center construction, Commencement will be moved to Magness Arena (inside the Ritchie Center) at the University of Denver campus.
Date: May 13th 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Magness Arena (inside the Ritchie Center) - University of Denver, 2201 E. Asbury Ave, Denver, 80208
Nominate an Outstanding Graduate
Nominations for Outstanding Graduate are now being accepted from faculty, staff or current students, including self-nominations. To nominate a student, complete the online form here. Nomination Deadline: Noon, Monday, April 3rd.
Date and Time: February 22 - 3pm to 6pm, February 23 - 10am to 1pm
Location: In the hallway outside Admissions
In the Grad Zone:
- Order your cap and gown, graduation announcements (receive a discount during the Grad Fair), and get info on ordering PTK regalia. The Bookstore will be taking cap and gown orders through March 31st.
- Reserve your seat for the Graduation Ceremony.
- Meet with Financial Aid and speak with the Cashier.
- Bookstore discounts on RRCC imprinted apparel or gift item.
- Enter to win a 3-credit Class Voucher!
Cap & Gown
For information regarding graduation cap and gown, announcements, and other mementos please visit the RRCC Bookstore or the Herff Jones ordering website for easy ordering before March 31st. At the end of April the RRCC Bookstore will have a limited stock of various cap and gown sizes, so order your caps and gowns by (March 31st) to ensure you get the size you need.
Cap & Gown Cost:
$39.00 (approximate) - Contact the RRCC Bookstore for further details at 303.914.6232
Seating Sign-Up (for Graduates Only)
All graduates participating in the Commencement ceremony must sign-up for seating. Reservations will begin (January 2nd 2017). Please contact Carla Plucknett BEFORE May 10th for your reservation (phone: 303.914.6496, room 1200, behind Admissions, Monday-Thursday 9:30am to 6pm and Friday 9am-5pm). Necessary information: First and Last Name, Student Number, semester of graduation and a contact Phone Number.
Guest seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis on the date of the ceremony.
Persons requesting accommodations for disabilities should contact Jean Kelly at 303.914.6731 by (TBD 2017). Please keep in mind seating in this area is limited to the disabled person and two guests. Designated accessible seating for guests will be available on the left side of the seating area.
- Free parking is available in the surface lot adjacent to the Ritchie Center.
- Metered parking is available on adjacent streets.
- Handicapped parking spots will be designated.
- Meet in Hamilton Gym (lower level)
- Assemble in two columns as directed.
- Be in line, dressed in cap and gown, by 9:30am.
- Required Commencement attire is cap and gown, no exceptions.
- No additional adornments of any kind are allowed with the exception of Honors, Veterans, NSLS, and Phi Theta Kappa recognition. PTK members wear both the red and gold tassels (gold alone is for a Ph.D. degree).
- Make sure the tassel is securely fastened under the button on your cap.
- Tassel should be worn to the right. During the ceremony you will be instructed when to move it to the left.
- Bobby pins can be helpful to keep your cap in place.
All Honors Recognition graduates participating in the ceremony will be awarded a medallion. To qualify your cumulative G.P.A. must be 3.85 or higher, completing the requirements for any degree or completing the requirements for a certificate program at Red Rocks Community College that requires at least 30 credits. If you do qualify, please notify Student Records. Medallions are available at Student Records and can be worn at the ceremony. Please note: PTK and Honors Recognition are two separate entities. Honors Graduates will be noted in the Commencement Program.
Family Members and Guests - Seating, Photos
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please ask your guests not to arrive prior to 9:00 a.m.
- Guests must remain in their seats throughout the ceremony. Standing or sitting in the aisles is not permitted.
- Smoking is NOT allowed in the facility.
You will receive a card for your personal information. You must have this card with you during the ceremony.
- The narrator will use the card to announce your name as you receive your diploma. Please write clearly and include a phonetic spelling, if needed.
An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing will be on stage, on the left side.
- Diplomas are not issued at the ceremony. You will be receiving a padded diploma cover when you cross the stage.
- Spring 2016 diplomas and certificates will be mailed the week of (TBD 2017), providing that final grades have been posted and all financial obligations have been met.
The processional will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
The order of the processional is:
- Faculty of the Year (carrying college mace)
- President and Platform Guests
- Deans, Faculty and Staff
- Marshals and the Graduates
Remain standing for posting of the colors and Pledge of Allegiance.
To ensure that the graduation ceremony runs smoothly, only graduates may walk in the processional, sit in the graduate area and walk on stage to accept degrees.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by Red Rocks Community College of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.