Applying for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
Click here to apply for the 2014-2015 FAFSA.
In order to be considered for all aid programs and to maximize the amount of aid you may qualify for, students should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Financial Aid) by the priority dates listed. Under no circumstances should you pay someone to file a FAFSA for you. Any claims made by individuals guaranteeing financial aid are false.
To receive aid for:
February 1, 2015
April 1, 2015
September 1, 2015
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- Register for Personal Identification Number (PIN) www.pin.ed.gov
- Your U.S. Department of Education Personal Identification Number (PIN) is your key to financial aid on the Web. Your PIN is how the U.S. Department of Education identifies you online. You will use your PIN to access many different services throughout your educational career.
- Parents of dependent students must obtain their own PIN. Click here for the Parent's Guide to Important Financial Aid Information.
- Your PIN will allow you to sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically.
- Use your PIN to check the status of your electronic FAFSA or to make online changes to your FAFSA.
- If you provide a valid e-mail address, you will be e-mailed instructions within three days on how to access your PIN online. Otherwise, your PIN will be mailed to you via U.S. mail in 7 to 10 days.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be submitted online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- For priority consideration, Red Rocks Community College must have received your FAFSA by the respective priority date for the term that you are going to enroll. If you miss the priority consideration date, you should still submit a FAFSA as soon as possible.
- You may report estimated tax figures on your FAFSA. You will be given the opportunity to make corrections at a later date.
- Sign your FAFSA. If you do not already have your personal identification number (PIN), contact the federal processor at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Submit the FAFSA even if you are in process of applying for admission.
- Apply for admissions to Red Rocks Community College.
- Colorado Residents should be sure that they have registered with the Colorado Opportunity Fund.
- Search and apply for private scholarships.
What happens after I apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)?
- The Federal Processor will allow RRCC access to your FAFSA information once you have included our school code (009543) on your FAFSA application. If additional documentation is required to complete your file, we will notify you via your cccs.edu e-mail account. (If you are selected for verification, please click on the verification link for further details.
- Frequently check your financial aid status on line at "The Rock" student portal. Respond promptly to any requests for additional information or documentation. Responding in a timely manner will speed up the processing of your file. If you have applied by the priority dates listed, you should receive notification of your award before the start of classes.
- The Federal processor will send you your Student Aid Report (SAR) via U.S. mail or electronically. It will be a summary of your FAFSA data.
- Verify that all the information on the SAR is correct. If you need to make corrections, do so online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- When submitting documents to the Financial Aid Office, make sure to provide the student's name and student ID number as well as signatures on all documents. For dependent students, make sure parents sign tax and verification documents.
- Once we receive and evaluate all documentation, we will notify you of your financial aid award by student email and online through "The Rock" student portal.