Welcome to the RRCC Teacher Education (K-12) Department
Red Rocks Community College offers course work in Teacher Education with an emphasis in:
- Early Childhood Education (birth to third grade)
- Elementary & Secondary Education (K-12)
- Adult Education & Family Literacy
Highlights of the program include:
- An Associate of Arts (60 credit hours), with an emphasis in teaching, and then transfer to a 4-year college of your choice.
- A prescribed course plan that is guaranteed to transfer to all four year public colleges in Colorado that offer teacher licensure.
- Adams State University – Alamosa and Online
- Colorado Mesa University – Grand Junction
- Colorado State University – Ft. Collins and Online** (CSU)
- Colorado State University – Pueblo (CSU Pueblo)
- Fort Lewis College – Durango
- Metropolitan State University Denver** (MSU Denver)
- University of Colorado – Boulder** (CU)
- University of Colorado – Colorado Springs** (UCCS)
- University of Colorado – Denver** (UCD)
- University of Northern Colorado – Center for Urban Education (UNC-Lowry)
- University of Northern Colorado – Greeley** (UNC)
- Western State Colorado University – Gunnison and online
- RRCC articulates to these private colleges:
- Coursework which includes general core classes and classes in teacher education.
- Small classes and personal advising by faculty.
**: School offers a post-baccalaureate teacher licensure program.