Red Rocks Community College has partnered with Higher One, a financial services company focused solely on higher education, to offer direct deposit of refunds to students. Higher One will help bring this method for receiving refunds via the CCCS Refund Card Debit MasterCard®. The new CCCS Refund Card will be your key to increased choice for receiving your Financial Aid or school refund.
All refunds are now processed electronically at all state system community colleges. Your refund can be electronically deposited to your own checking or savings account or you may choose to open a new bank account directly with Higher One-the OneAccount. With this new service on the way to campus, it’s natural that you may have some questions. Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the all-new CCCS Refund Card and this new refund process.
Your First Step:
Activate your student email address.This is Red Rocks' primary means of getting information to you about the Higher One Service and about your student account.
2) On the Welcome tab, in the Help channel, click on the "Activate Student Email" button.
Your Second Step:
Ensure your correct mailing address is on file with the college. Your address will be matched with the US Postal Service database to ensure your card will arrive on time and only to the address you specify.
2) Go to the Student Tab, then to the Personal Info channel on the right side, and choose "View/Change Address and Phone".
3) Click on View or Update Addresses and Phones.
4) Or, you can visit Admissions on the Lakewood campus Monday-Thursday 8-6 and Friday 8-5 and they will personally assist you with the address change process.
The Next Step:
Watch your mail for a lime green envelope from Higher One (do not mistake this for junk mail). This envelope contains your new refund card! Just as soon as you receive your card go online and activate it according to the instructions mailed with it. You only need to activate it one time for any term you attend Red Rocks Community College. If your card was activated for a previous term you are all set to go for the current term.
Once your financial aid has posted to your student account, watch for a “Batch Refund” to post a few days later. Once you see your “Batch Refund” posted to your student account, your money should be available by close of business on the following Monday, if you chose the OneAccount with Higher One. If you chose to have your refund electronically deposited to your own checking or savings account you should have your money 2-3 business days later (usually Tuesday-Thursday…timing depends on your financial institution). Overall, your refund should be available 10-14 days from the first disbursement (posting) of your financial aid to your account.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How are refunds from Red Rocks Community College delivered to students?
Payments made by credit card will first be refunded to the credit card originally used for payment, whenever possible. Any remaining refund amount is delivered via the option selected when activating the CCCS Refund Card. Activate your refund preference and make your refund selection online by visiting CCCSRefundCard.com. If you want the fastest access to your money, simply choose to have your refunds deposited directly into your OneAccount—a fully functioning FDIC Insured checking account with Higher One. You can also have your money electronically transferred to your own checking or savings account. To have funds transferred directly to your own checking or savings account it will take an additional 2-3 business days.
2. How do I get my CCCS Refund Card?
Red Rocks Community College students will receive a CCCS Refund Card from Higher One in the mail at their primary address on file with RRCC. So, be sure your address is up to date! See above under “Your Second Step” for directions on how to change your address.
3. I don’t think I will ever get a refund. Why is it important to select a refund preference?
Although you might not currently expect a refund from Red Rocks Community College, we may have a refund for you in the future. After all, it may be necessary to drop a class, a class may be cancelled or you may simply receive a scholarship or assistance you were not anticipating. Selecting your preferred method to receive refunds from RRCC ensures you’ll always receive your refunds in a timely manner. Simply store your Higher One refund card is a safe and secure location until you need it. Please note: Payments made by credit card will first be refunded to the credit card originally used for payment, whenever possible. Any remaining refund amount will be refunded via the HigherOne electronic refunding process described above.
4. What are my options for receiving Financial Aid or other refunds?
- Easy Refund to the OneAccount with Higher One (refunds available by close of business on Mondays approximately 1-2 weeks from financial aid posting to your student account).
- Electronic (ACH) Transfer to other bank (refunds available by close of business on Tuesday to Thursdays approximately 1-2 weeks from financial aid posting to your student account).
5. What exactly is the OneAccount?
The OneAccount is a fully functioning FDIC Insured checking account with no minimum balance and no monthly fees. Selecting the OneAccount allows you to access your Financial Aid refunds quicker and easier than ever before and offers a world of great benefits such as:
- FREE Internet banking features.
- The ability to make purchases anywhere Debit MasterCard® is accepted.
- You may also withdraw cash with no fees at the Higher One ATM located on the main Lakewood campus between Admissions and the Cashier’s Office. Higher One ATMs are also located on many other campuses of state system community colleges.
- Manage your RRCC Higher One account online here.