Prior Learning Assessment by CLEP (College Level Examination Program) Checklist
Read through CCCS policy to review available CLEP exams for community college credit
- Review materials for details on test preparation and register for a CLEP exam.
- Create an account with the College Board to register for a CLEP exam
- After you pay $80 online to the College Board , you will receive a payment receipt and a Ticket ID.
- Schedule an appointment with Assessment Center for a date and time to take the test.
- On the day of the test, be prepared to present the following at the test center:
- A valid registration ticket from My Account registration portal
- Registration forms or printouts that are required by the test center. Make sure you have filled out all necessary paperwork in advance of your testing date.
- Your driver’s license, passport or other government issued identification that includes your photograph and signature, as well as a secondary form of ID that includes a photo and/or your signature, such as a student ID. You will be asked to show this identification to be admitted to the testing area. The last name on your primary ID must match the name on your registration ticket.
* Military test-takers, bring your military ID and Social Security card.
* Home-schoolers, if you do not have the required government issued ID, please complete a Student ID Form, which is valid for one year.
- The form must be accompanied by a recognizable photo, with a school or notary seal overlapping the photo. The form must be signed in front of a school official or notary. This form must be signed in the presence of testing staff when used for subsequent testing administrations. If you fail to present appropriate ID, you will not be tested.
- The RRCC proctoring fee is $25 and can be paid by check, cash or credit card.
- Successfully complete CLEP
- Earn a minimum of one credit at RRCC
- Credits are posted to Red Rocks Community College transcript
Contact information for transcripts/scores
College Board CLEP Services(official transcripts needed)
Transcripts Request Service
P.O. Box 6600
Princeton, NJ 08541-6600
About DANTES/DSST Testing
For over 30 years, DANTES has offered and supported voluntary educational programs on behalf of the U.S. Department of Defense. In 2006, DANTES authorized up-front funding of DSST exam fees for eligible military members at authorized National Test Centers that administer the Internet-based DSST exams. RRCC grants full course credit for many examinations with an acceptable score. For a complete list of DSST exam equivalencies inquire at the Assessment Center. More in formation can be found at Get College Credit