Transfer Student


Welcome Transfer Student

A student who has attend another college and is transferring college credits to Red Rocks Community College to begin courses. As a transfer student, you already have very valuable college experiences and RRCC is honored to help you continue your college journey. 

STEP 1:  Apply to RRCC

  • Get started by completing the free online application. Use the Create Account option on the Welcome page and continue to complete the full application.

STEP 2: Complete Orientation

Please complete either the in-person or online orientation 

  • Log on to The Rock with your S#
    • Your temporary password is Student followed by your date of birth: StudentMMDDYYYY
  • Click on the “Student” tab on the left-hand side
  • Click on “Orientation”

Step 3: Submit transcripts from previous college

  • Step 1Submit your Prerequisite Override Request to override prerequisites. We can use an unofficial transcript to override prerequisites so that you can register for classes on time. Plan ahead! This process can take up to 5 business days. 
  • Step 2 - If you plan to graduate from RRCC and would like to transfer in credit from another institution toward your RRCC certificate or degree program, please complete the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form and submit your official transcripts to Student Records. This process can take about six weeks and does not need to be completed before you can register for classes.  Still complete step 1 to expedite registration. Questions?  Email

STEP 4: Meet with your Pathway Advisor

Drop-in advising offered: Mondays 1:30-4 and Tuesdays 8:30-11 at our Lakewood Campus only. 

Accessibility Services works with students who have disabilities and learning differences to provide access to courses, programs and activities through accommodations and supports.

STEP 5: Register for classes

STEP 6: Activate your student email account in The Rock

STEP 7: Paying for College

STEP 8: Get your RRCC student ID card (if all of your courses are online, you will not be issued a student ID card.)