Third Party Billing

During the 2021-22 academic year, some or all of the instructional formats may change due to an emergency situation affecting college operations, public safety, or public health, including the COVID-19 pandemic. Tuition and fees are charged at the beginning of the semester and will remain in place regardless of any changes in instructional format. Tuition and fees will not be refunded in the event the curriculum delivery format changes for any part of the 2021-22 academic year.

Third Party Billing Process

Third Party Billing is when a private or governmental agency is paying for any portion of your tuition and/or fees AND they are requesting a bill directly from the College. Agencies that require course completion or proof of grades before they will pay are considered tuition reimbursement programs. These programs do not qualify as Third Party Billing. Students participating in tuition reimbursement programs are responsible for making payment arrangements, according to the RRCC payment policy, and seeking reimbursement directly from their sponsoring agency.

Red Rocks Cashier’s Office must receive written authorization (third party contract, PO, voucher, etc.) from the sponsoring agency prior to the term due date in order to process Third Party Billing. It is the student's responsibility to ensure the authorization has been received by the Cashier’s Office each term prior to the due date.

The authorization must include the following information in order to be processed:

  • Student name
  • Student ID number
  • Specific charges or classes the agency is willing to pay
    • Ex: Tuition only OR tuition and fees
  • Semester covered by the agency
  • Course information (if applicaple)
  • Agency name, billing address, and email
  • Contact information for questions

NOTE: We require a new authorization form every semester to ensure eligible billing status.

If your agency does not have a standard Third Party Form, they can complete and submit the RRCC Third Party Authorization Form. 

Things to remember:

Authorizations are due by the first payment deadline of the semester or at time of registration.

After receiving the authorization, the Cashier's office will process a third party transfer which will post a payment to the student account and charge the agency. An invoice will then be sent to the agency requesting payment.

Students can expect a refund, if applicable, to be issued within 14 business days after the third party transfer is processed.

Students will continue to receive regular billings after they initially register for the semester until the third party transfer is processed. If a student still receives a billing after midterm of the semester, the student should contact the Cashier's office to discuss the matter.

If for any reason the agency refuses to pay, the balance will become the student’s responsibility.

Mail authorizations to:

Red Rocks Community College
Attn: Third Party Billing, Box 2
13300 West Sixth Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228

Email authorizations to:

Fax authorizations to:

303-984-4831 – Attn: Third Party Billing

Book charges:

If your agency is paying for books, a separate authorization needs to be sent directly to the bookstore for billing. Red Rocks Community College and the Barnes and Noble Bookstore are separate entities.

Send book authorizations to:

RRCC Bookstore/Barnes & Noble
13300 West Sixth Avenue, Box 13
Lakewood, CO 80228

If you have questions for the bookstore please contact them directly at 303-914-6520.

Contact us:

For questions regarding Third Party Billing

Please call: Brandy Rivera - 303.914.6369

or email: