Military Deployment

If you receive military orders after the drop deadline for classes that will affect your attendance and/or participation during the term, you have several options. We recommend that you speak to your instructors as soon as you receive your orders to help determine what options you have. If you received VA benefits in the term you are deployed, we also recommend you speak with the RRCC Veteran Services Department to determine what course of action would be best for you to take that will least impact your benefits.

  1. You can work with your instructor(s) to complete work by the end of the semester. You will need to work directly with your instructors/departments to make reasonable accommodations to complete work by the end of the semester. You may need to submit official orders to instructors. Depending on the length of the service obligation and/or course content and requirements, special consideration may need to be approved by the Vice President of Instruction.
  2. You can work with your instructors to get an incomplete in your classes if the semester has progressed far enough and you have completed enough of the coursework to meet the minimum requirements for an incomplete. This can allow you additional time, beyond the end of the semester, to make up the work for your classes. Special consideration may need to be approved by the Vice President of Instruction.
  3. If you do not feel that you will be able to complete the requirements for the course(s), you may be eligible to withdraw from your class(es) and submit a request for tuition credit. You will still be responsible for any balance due on your account and an AW (Administrative Withdraw) will be applied to the classes. You will have the tuition credit to use in a future term. To request tuition credit please complete the tuition credit request paperwork and submit it along with a copy of your official orders to RRCC Enrollment Services. If you need to request tuition credit for medical reasons, you will need to obtain a medical form from your attending physician as well.
  4. You can request a late drop of all of your classes. The classes will be dropped and you will receive a refund of any amount you have paid.  In order to request a late drop, please complete the Late Drop Request form and return it to Enrollment Services along with a copy of your official orders.

Related Forms

Please make sure the information on your official orders includes the date of the notification of the orders as well as the dates of your required service.

Contact Information:

RRCC Veteran Services