Do I Need to Test?

Please submit the following prior to testing.


Please note that some programs require testing regardless of prior college course work or testing scores. Please check your program to determine when and what requirements are necessary.

  • If you are an international student, please contact Admissions regarding your requirements.
  • If you don't have college-level ACT/SAT scores or other credits or college course work, you will need to test.
  • If you are a high school or concurrent enrollment student please contact High School Relations for more details.

Math and English Exemption

Student will not need to test in Math and English if the high school transcript/ACT/SAT show:

Exemption Criteria for High School Transcripts

Math Quantitative (MAT 1240, 1260, 1220/1230)

  • Algebra II taken with the last 18 months
  • ≥B grade in that class
  • GPA ≥3.0 un-weighted


Math Algebraic (MAT 1340)

  • Pre-Calculus taken with the last 18 months
  • ≥B grade in that class
  • GPA ≥3.0 un-weighted


MAT Career Technical (MAT 1140, 1150)

  •  Algebra II taken with the last 18 months
  • ≥B grade in that class
  • GPA ≥3.0 un-weighted


English (ENG 1021)

  • Junior Year English taken with the last 24 months
  • ≥B grade in that class
  • GPA ≥3.0 un-weighted


Exemption Criteria ACT/SAT

Math Quantitative (MAT 1240, 1260, 1220/1230)

  • ACT  19
  • SAT 500

Math Algebraic (MAT 1340)

  • ACT 23
  • SAT 590

English (ENG 1021)

  • ACT 18
  • SAT 470

If you have ACT/SAT scores, college transcript, or high school transcript (less than five years old) that show you are college ready please submit the unofficial transcripts to the RRCC Student Records for evaluation prior to testing. 

Contact the RRCC Student Records:

Student Records Email:
Student Records Fax: 303.989.6919

Your UNOFFICIAL transcript should be:

Upload your transcript and include your name, student number (S#), and the course(s) you wish to register for. Your request may take up to 5 business days; please plan ahead.


You may meet with an Advisor at either the Lakewood or Arvada campus to discuss your academic plan and the prerequisites you will need. Bring a copy of your transcript(s).

In order to have your courses transferred into Red Rocks, you must send an official transcript 

Accuplacer Basic Skills Assessment

View or download the Accuplacer Basic Skills Assessment

Other Credits

If you have AP, IB, CLEP, DSST, or UXCEL credits, please submit them and any official transcript/score report to Student Records for evaluation. The official transcript or score report must be sent directly from the issuing institution/organization to:

Student Records
Red Rocks Community College
13300 W. 6th Ave.
Campus Box 8
Lakewood, CO 80228-1255

Please refer any questions regarding official transcript evaluations to